Sick of updates

I can not wait to add my name to the Microsoft Windows 10 forced update lawsuit. This having to restart my computer every 45 minutes with no say is really making me angry. I keep losing what I am doing as it just goes right into restart mode. There is no way to restore the program even thought they say there is. I have restored to the point where I had my original windows (after trying for a week to stop them from updating to ten), and it did not restore my original windows. Then, I get an auto update every 45 minutes to an hour forcing a restart on the computer. There is no way to turn it off as Microsoft felt they need to force us as consumers regardless of the fact that we are paying for services and have rights to what we choose to do. I have lost school work, been kicked offline while teaching ESL classes (how I make my money and can not do on my brand new computer), and lost drivers that now won't open programs I used to be able to use. I had to reinstall Firefox as well as I was getting Runtime errors. Nothing worked after the install as it did before. I stopped Windows from installing four times because I didn't want it (had to turn off the comp as there was no other way to stop the update) before I went to the store and came back to find it had installed without my knowledge or permission. I get so tired of this having to start my work over and over because it prevents me from scheduling it for a later time. Time for Microsoft to pay its consumers for forcing us to use Windows 10 and for forcing us to have to continue to restart every 45 minutes. My computer no longer works correctly (literally five weeks old), and Microsoft should have to fix what they broke as well as the time we have lost with the forced auto updates.  We deserve better than this from a company making lots of money off of customers. Listen to your customers or pay for your mistakes when you don't.  Either way, you have damaged your reputation.  Mac is looking really good about now!

Was this discussion helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback.

Lots of luck with your lawsuit. You may own your computer owns the software and the License granted to you when you install Windows give them the right to control how their software is employed and updated. And as for your Mac comment; If Mac is so good then  how come so many mac owners buy Windows and run it in Boot camp on their Macs?

Hope this helps and if you need any further assistance post and we will be glad to help you.

The above opinion is mine and mine alone and doesn't necessarily reflect that of Microsoft, it's employees, or any other member of this forum.

"When we try and pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the Universe." - John Muir

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

I agree with you windows 10 is really bad because of the forced updates. 

As someone who only gets a few hours here and there to go online this operating system is unusable.

Every time i turn the thing on to try and do some work there is an update to install, totally ruining the time i had set aside to do some work. 

I wont be installing windows on my next pc after this endless horrible frustrating experience. 

69 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

There are no 'forced' updates in Windows 10.

Windows 10 is software as a service. That means it consists of an initial download followed by continuous updates that build out the software. The updates are not optional additions - they're part of the product.

As computing moves increasingly to the cloud, more and more software will operate as a service. Microsoft Office has done so since the 2013 version and Google's software has always been this way. Adobe's Creative Cloud is another highly visible example.

None of this is a secret. Microsoft announced publicly, right from the start that Windows 10 would be developed as a service. If you don't like that development model, Windows 10 is not the operating system for you and you should certainly use a different operating system.

However, making wild, blathering posts about lawsuits only paints you as someone out of touch with current technology. More than 500 million Windows 10 users have moved on.

8 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Bravo, well said! These users just have to learn to accept the changes and move on or use a different OS, such as Windows 7 or Linux.

22 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Discussion Info

Last updated August 28, 2023 Views 2,338 Applies to: