Reinstall Windows 10 64 bit on MSI GL62

Hello everyone,

I have purchased an MSI laptop with already installed windows 10 and their software. After some update, my game has some small lag problem so I want to reset the PC.

Unfortunately I don't have a back up or system image file (I forgot to do it). Also I perform the F3 recovery but error 0xc0000225 happened (image).

So can I cleanly install windows 10 from USB? I am just worried to lose the windows activation key?

Regards,

Thanh

Question Info

Last updated April 24, 2019 Views 2,641 Applies to:
Answer

Hi,

When you signed in using your Microsoft account in Windows 10 on the new laptop you got, this will link your Microsoft account with the Windows 10 digital license on your device. That means even if you reinstall Windows 10, as long as you have your Microsoft account you can reactivate the operating system.

Regarding the blue screen with the stop error you are receiving, one possible cause of getting error 0xc0000225 is that the system files got corrupted. As a recommendation to address your concern, we suggest that you follow the steps to repair the operating system using the different available recovery options in Windows 10.

You can also follow the steps to create a Windows 10 installation media using the media creation tool. This will automate the process and allow you different options in the process.

We look forward to your response once you complete the steps.

4 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.