Problems installing Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB3201845)

This update has tried to install twice including a retry by me. The download hangs at 0%. The following is what is showing on the update status:

There were problems installing some updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help:

• Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB3201845) - Error 0x80070002

Update history:

Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB3201845)

Failed to install on 12/9/2016 (Twice)

I would like to know if this is my problem, and how to fix it, or if there is a problem with the download itself?

NOTE: I ran the sfc /scannow with no problems shown. I also ran the Windows Update Troubleshooter with 4 fixes made. The update still didn't install on a 3rd retry, but finally did install on a 4th retry. I have no idea how, but it finally did install. When talking to another user this morning, he said it took more than 45 minutes for his to install. At least for now, my immediate problem is solved. We will wait and see next month.

Question Info

Last updated May 15, 2019 Views 48,508 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Chas

The extent of problems being encountered by users failing to install KB3201845 has emerged overnight. You may be able to bypass the problem using Internet Explorer with Run as an Administrator enabled to download from the Microsoft Catalogue:

https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB3201845

You can read more about the problems here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/5hdalv/cumulative_update_for_windows_10_au_and_windows/

Gerry
Stourport-on-Severn, Worcestershire, England
Enquire Plan Execute

112 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.