Error code 0x80070020 on Windows 10 Anniversary Update

When trying to install Windows 10 Anniversary Update error code 0x80070020 came up. Tried it twice and had anti-virus turned off.  Any help would be much appreciated.
Answer
Answer

Hi,

I suggest you to try the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run the Update Troubleshooter on the computer.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Update. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Windows update.

Refer these steps:

1. Press Windows key + X, select Control panel.
  2. Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
  3. Click on Troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
  4. Run the Windows Update troubleshooter.
  5. Restart the system and check if the issue is resolved.  

If Method 1 doesn’t help, try Method 2.

Method 2: Reset the Windows Update Components

Refer the link below for the steps to manually reset the Update components and check if it helps.

How do I reset Windows Update components?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971058/en-us(Applies to Windows 10)

Registry disclaimer

Note: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base: 322756 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/)

Thank you.

Pavan N

32 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 7, 2021 Views 16,241 Applies to: