Error code 0x80070002 after Windows 10 Backup (using Windows 7 Backup and Restore utility)

I've recently started a backup (for the first time) using the Windows 7 Backup and Restore utility.

However, it terminated with the error code 0x80070002.

The Backup Files errors were the following:

Backup encountered a problem while backing up file C:\Users\Emmanuel\Documents. Error:(The system cannot find the file specified. (0x80070002))
Backup encountered a problem while backing up file C:\Users\Emmanuel\Music. Error:(The system cannot find the file specified. (0x80070002))
Backup encountered a problem while backing up file C:\Users\Emmanuel\Pictures. Error:(The system cannot find the file specified. (0x80070002))
Backup encountered a problem while backing up file C:\Users\Emmanuel\Videos. Error:(The system cannot find the file specified. (0x80070002))

These error were probably caused by the change of the location of those directories.

In fact, I moved them from the C: hard drive (their default location) to the D: hard drive, in order to save more space on the primary drive.

However, I have no idea on how to fix this.

The following image shows the items that I chose to back up.

Now, do I need to change any setting and redo the backup all over again? Or should I keep it as it is right now, even if it showed this error?

Actually, the precise error message (for the folders listed above) was: "The backup completed but some files were skipped.".

Did the backup also include the files in the new location? Or, given that it couldn't find the folders at their default location, they weren't backed up with the rest of the files?

I'm looking forward to an answer as soon as possible.

Thank you in advance.

|
Answer
Answer

Hello Emmanuel,

Thank you for your persistent patience on this issue. Let me assist you further.

At this point, I suspect that the issue might be related to Windows functionality. Follow the below methods and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1

This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow the below given steps: 

• Press Windows key + X, select Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

• In Command prompt type sfc /scannow and press enter.

• Restart the computer.

Ref: Using System File Checker in Windows 10

Method 2

If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state or were irrecoverable, then I suggest you to try the following steps to deploy the DISM command lines: 

1. Press Windows key + X.

2. Click command prompt (Run as administrator).

3. In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press Enter key after each command:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

Important: When you run this command, DISM uses Windows Update to provide the files that are required to fix corruptions.

4. To close the Administrator: Command prompt window, type Exit, and then press Enter

Click here for more information about running the DISM Tool.

Kindly keep us posted on the status of the issue for further assistance.

Thank You.

13 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 28, 2021 Views 7,174 Applies to: