Cannot logon to Windows 10

Hi,

I've upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 some months ago.

All worked perfectly, but some day ago for an electrical problem my desktop shutdown unexpectely.

Automatic restore began to start when I tried to restart my pc, without any success.

Now after windows loading I have a black screen, with a dos window of C:\windows\system32\logonui.exe, which says to press CTRL+ALT+CANC.

Then i can provide username and password, but the result is

RPC server is unavailable

or

Invalid handle

I've tried to make a startup repair with Windows Media (it says that is not possible to do it, error code 0)

Is my pc dead?

Now I'm backupping my data.

If I have to format everything, what do I have to do for my licence?

Thanks in advance

G

Hi,

Thank you for sharing your concern with Microsoft Community.

An RPC client is an application running on any given computer that uses the RPC protocol to communicate with an RPC server.

An RPC server is a communications interface provided by an application or service that allows remote clients to connect, pass commands, and transfer data using the RPC protocol.

Method 1 :

Check if you are able to access the RPC (Remote Procedure Call) service and also make sure that the following services are started and the startup type should be set to Automatic.

If it is not started follow these steps:

a) Click Start, type services.msc (without quotes) in the start search box and press Enter.
b) In the Services window, find Remote Procedure Call and right click  on it to select Properties.
c) Under the General tab make sure the Startup type is Automatic and the Service status says Started.

Repeat the steps b & c to f for the following services also:

DHCP Client, RPC Endpoint Mapper & Remote Procedure Call (RPC) Locator.

Method 2: 

Step 1: Boot the computer in Safe mode and check if the issue persists.

Refer the below given link and follow the steps to check if the issue reoccurs in Safe mode.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-startup-settings-in-windows-10#v1h=tab01

Step 2: If issue does not persists in Safe Mode then perform a Clean Boot.

Putting your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot.

Refer the below given link to learn how to perform a clean boot in Windows:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note : Once you are done with the troubleshooting, perform the steps in "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot" to reset computer as usual.

Let us know if this helps.

Keep us posted for further assistance, we are here to assist you.

Akheel Ahmed P

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your answer but I can't do anything you say, I can only launch cmd prompt through Windows installation media, no access to desktop, no safe mode

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Giuseppe,

I'm sorry to hear that you are still facing the issue.

I would suggest you to perform a system restore using an installation media and check if it helps.

]System Restore is a way to undo system changes by using restore points to return your system files and settings to an earlier point in time without affecting personal files of users.

Refer the steps below:

1. On a working PC, go to the Microsoft software download website.
  2. Download the media creation tool and then run it.

3. Select Create installation media for another PC.

4. Choose a language, edition, and architecture (64-bit or 32-bit).

5. Follow the steps to create installation media, and then select Finish.

6. Connect the installation media you created to your nonfunctional PC, and then turn it on.

7. On the initial setup screen, enter your language and other preferences, and then select Next. If you're not seeing the setup screen, your PC might not be set up to boot from a drive. Check your PC manufacturer's website for info on how to change your PC's boot order, and then try again.

8. Select Repair your computer.

9. On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot >  Advanced options > System Restore

Note: When you use System Restore to restore the computer to a previous state, programs and updates that you installed after the restore point has been created will be removed.

Let us know the result.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi. Thanks For Your help. I couldn't do System restore because I didn't have any restore point, restore at startup, sfc, dism didn't work. I downloaded Windows 10 media, I transformed esd file in ISO with ntlite. I copied all dll files from system32 folder to my corrupted installation and it worked!!!! I don't know if I have been lucky but it was the only way to do it.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Giuseppe,

Thank you for letting us know that you were able to resolve the issue on your own.

We appreciate your effort and for sharing the information with us. Hope this helps other community members facing a similar issue.

If you have any Windows related queries in the future, let us know. We will be glad to help.

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 3, 2021 Views 4,100 Applies to: