W10 Fall Creators Update WordFlow Keyboard Not Working

Hi,

Just updated to W10 Fall Creators Update, and was looking forward to using the Word Flow keyboard, but it's not working for me.

Swiping a word creates a trail on the keyboard, but it doesn't result in any words in the document.  Strangely, when I type letters one-at-a-time, on the same Word Flow keyboard, they appear in the document.

Is there a setting I need to enable?

Any help appreciated.

Answer
Answer

Hi,

Shape writing is currently only supported for the Narrow keyboard in these languages:

Catalan (Catalan), Croatian (Croatia), Czech (Czech), Danish (Denmark), Dutch (Netherlands), English (India), English (United States), English (United Kingdom), Finnish (Finland), French (Canada), French (France), French (Switzerland), German (Germany), Greek (Greece), Hebrew(Israel), Hungarian (Hungary), Indonesian (Indonesia), Italian (Italy), Norwegian, Persian (Iran), Polish (Poland), Portuguese (Brazil), Portuguese (Portugal), Romanian (Romania), Russian (Russia), Spanish (Mexico), Spanish (Spain), Swedish (Sweden), Turkish (Turkey), Vietnamese (Vietnam).

If you are using the Narrow keyboard in one of these languages, and you see a trail after swiping but no text is generated, you may be trying to use shape writing in an experience not supported by the feature.   It currently may not work as input for things like password fields, Excel, or Chrome.   If you want to test whether the feature works at all, open Sticky Note and try to use the feature there.

If shape writing is not yet working for you, try checking Settings > Apps & features > “Manage optional features”.  Do you have the “typing” language installed for the language you are trying to use? 

If a new language was downloaded when your device had no network connectivity, you could be missing the typing language you need.  Ensure you have network connectivity.  If that isn’t the problem, and the missing typing language is the second language on your machine, you can try to remove/re-add the language while you have network connectivity.  Then return to this setting to verify the correct typing language is installed. If none of the above is applicable to your scenario, please submit feedback using the  Feedback Hub app to aid our investigation.

Regards.

13 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer
Ok, I have solved this one, I had the language set to English Australian, switched to English UK and it works....

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated January 31, 2020 Views 3,076 Applies to: