These issues seem to be stemming from the Windows 10 Fall Creator's Update.
When using the application Paint tool SAI, the pen will sometimes 'hitch' very subtly when I hover the pen over an already existing line. Video example here
When using the application Drawpile, there is always a slight pause in the pen input-- this is especially noticeable when drawing circles. Video example here.
I draw for commissions and require a lot of precision in my lineart, so these issues have absolutely frozen my workflow.
The first time I had these issues was around October, when the update first came out. With no working solution then, I simply rolled back the update. This solved all of my issues. However, I am now using a brand new computer and cannot roll the update back. I am stuck with the Fall Creator's Update and the same issues have returned.
I have tried:
- Replacing my pen nib
- Checking if my drivers are up to date (they are)
- Uninstalling and Reinstalling the drivers
- Changing Windows Ink settings, including "Ignore touch input when I'm using my pen"
- Turning off Windows Ink completely
- Tweaking pressure sensitivity
- Testing it out on two other computers (one without the Fall Creator's update worked fine, but the one with it had the same issues.)
- Reinstalled the applications that I use (SAI and Drawpile)
- Contacting Wacom (they didn't solve any of my issues)
None of these attempts have fixed the issues with my tablet on my new computer.
I hope that you can supply some help or at least give an ETA on any updates that might fix my problems. Thank you.