Sony Vaio Duo 13 Pen (Digitizer) works incorrect

Hello 

I´m still using a Sony Vaio Duo 13  with a Pen, which was working quite ok. Now there is a funny problem: i have to use the first button on the pen to use for example a brush in photoshop. If i dont press this button the pen behaves in that way, that it uses the brush tool AND a kind of finger mode, so that the workspace moves with the pen

so my question is: is there a way to toggle the function of this button of the pen?  the general windows 10 options do not really have an effect on the pen.  

thanks for your answer, if there is one

kind regards

michael

Hey Michael,

It looks like you stumbled upon an issue with one of the latest hotfixes KB4093111.

You can fortunately solve this, as Microsoft provided a workaround.

After applying KB4093112, some users may experience unexpected panning or scrolling in certain apps while using the pen.
You can resolve this issue using the following steps:

From Start, search for cmd
Right-click Command Prompt in the search results, and choose Run as administrator
At the command prompt, type or copy/paste:
reg add HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Pen /v LegacyPenInteractionModel /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
Press Enter

Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/409311...

Let me know if this works or not. Good luck.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi mEverblack

Thank you, in fact, now the pen behaves as before, so that worked well.

But i recognized an interesting thing: that when i use the pen, there is a little delay (of a second or so) before i can draw a line ( Adobe illustrator).  This delay is accompanied by a little circle, which appears where the pen hits the the screen.

If i press the first button of the pen i can draw without any delay and this is of course faster and more natural in the behavior.

So maybe you have a workaround to get rid of the delay, without pressing the button

thanks

michael

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Michael,

Glad it worked! Unfortunately from what I can search, this seems to be behavior (least to me) that is affixed to hardware and cannot be rectified with a workaround through unofficial means. To make sure, I’d look in Pen settings in the Settings app, and be sure to look for the VAIO pen settings (maybe in Control Panel or something, like a classic program) and see if you can turn that delay off.

Best of luck. Sorry I can’t really narrow it down to a specific workaround.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 30, 2020 Views 443 Applies to: