On-screen keyboard closes automatically when pressing special characters (AltGR+...)

Hi. My Surface Pro's virtual keyboard always automatically closes when i press a special character that needs AltGr to be pressed before (eg. #*$). Can you confirm me if this is only happening on my device or not, is it intentional or not (i hope its not)? Any fix or workaround? Fully updated Win10. Thanks
Disable then enable to the keyboard.

Open Start, type: CMD
Right click CMD
Click Run as administrator

Type in at the prompt OR Copy and Paste these one at a time : (Hit enter after each)

sc config "TabletInputService" start= disabled
sc stop "TabletInputService"

When you want to enable it, go to the command prompt then enter the following commands.

sc config "TabletInputService" start= auto
sc start "TabletInputService"
Best,
Andre
twitter/adacosta
groovypost.com

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Image already added

Hello Andre Da Costa,

Thank you for your answer, but i meant that i do want to use the on-screen keyboard and keep it open even when i have to enter those special characters. Currently it automatically hides after i pressed AltGr+"somthing" and i don't want it. For example my passwords often contains special characters but they are not the last characters of the pw, so i have to open the on-screen keyboard twice or more to enter it.

Sorry if i wasn't clear at first, i guess i am now.

Thank you

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the same problem on all of my win 10 touch devices. It started after the april update 1803. When i press altgr and any other key, including altgr twice, the touch keyboard closes. Also, the touch keyboard doesn't work woth chrome properly anymore. When i open a new tab, switch tabs, close a tab or even close the whole browser the touch keyboard opens. It worked properly before the upate. Fix please.

10 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated November 16, 2023 Views 2,811 Applies to: