lenovo yoga 720 touch screen drivers stopped working

hi 

i rescently bought a lenovo yoga 720 13" laptop, initially the touch screen was working fine but after 2 days it stopped working. i did a factry restore after which it worked but then again it stopped working. this happened for two three factory restores but then it also stoped. i tried various drivers and installing and uninstalling them but its not helping. windows service manager shows some error in the logs related to the wacom aes digitizer but i am not sure what it is

Hi Akhileshwar,

Based on the information you have provided, considering that you have done performing a factory restore and the issue persisted, then it's possible that the issue is with the device itself.

The device manufacturer has the tools to look for your hardware concern. It would be best if you contact them for further diagnostics and troubleshooting.

If you have any questions or things you'd like to clarify, feel free to ask.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

This is most likely NOT a hardware issue.  Since it worked after the factory restore and then stopped working again after a couple days, it is mostly the Windows 10 1709 feature update that's causing it.  I am a CIO of a healthcare company and we've had that stinking update crash 16 NEW PC's and laptops now.  One within 30 minutes of unpacking the machine as it did the update and then crashed.  I haven't seen so many blue screens of death since Windows 98 second edition.  And putting a sideways frowny face on the blue screen doesn't improve my mood when it happens.  So at this point we need to put pressure on the manufacturers for them to put pressure on Microsoft to stop this insanity.  For the record we just read a post where someone with the same issue spent a couple hours on the phone with Microsoft where the techs admitted that Microsoft is aware of the issue and their solution was to roll the laptop back to the 1703 edition.  However, that only fixes the issue until Windows 10 automatically, on its own mind you, applies the update again.  The current one we're working on is also a Yoga 720 and at least it's not blue screening but it has display issues and we can't fix them because the OS keeps stopping the Intel UHD 620 display adapter because it says it has a problem.  I now have Lenovo's attention as we have several hundred Lenovo PC's and laptops in our organization and I've informed them that I will not purchase another PC, laptop or server until they fix this, or at least make Microsoft fix it.  Good luck with this.  If we get a solution from Lenovo I will update this conversation.

24 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated July 12, 2020 Views 3,832 Applies to: