gestures

Not sure how to enable gestures for windows 10 using an app called "touch me gesture studio" (desktop that isnt a touchscreen), I've been trying to get my cellphone to act as the touchscreen using 3rd party apps but nothing is working. does anyone know how to turn their cellphone into a multi gesture touchpad?

Hi,

Precision touchpads are a new kind of touchpad designed for PCs that run Windows 10. They're great for using a variety of touch gestures to get around your PC quickly. Technically, these gestures require a “Precision Touchpad” to work. To find out if your PC has a precision touchpad, go to Settings > Devices > Mouse & touchpad. Look for the message, "Your PC has a precision touchpad." Once verified that it is supported by your computer, you can change or disable gestures here.

Do let us know if you need any other assistance.

Regards.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Sorry I meant I wanted to use my cellphone as a precision touchpad. have you found a way? have you used a surface pro connected by bluetooth to your desktop to act as one?

thanks

Sorry this didn't help.

As of the moment cell phones are not possible to act as a precision touchpad. We encourage you to submit your issue using the Feedback Hub.  You can either vote on an existing submission or submit a new issue. When you submit a feedback item we gather additional details and information about your issue that will help determine what’s causing it and address it. Feedback items regularly receive Microsoft responses on the submissions in the Feedback app so you can see what we are doing about your feedback. Please revisit frequently to see the status of your feedback items. In order to submit new feedback, please follow these steps:

1.  On a Windows 10 device, search for “Feedback Hub” in Cortana search, then launch the app.
  2. Navigate to Feedback in the left menu, then press + Add new feedback.
  3. Select the Problem, and share any details you think are relevant, and choose an appropriate category and subcategory. Important: If possible, reproduce the problem(s) after clicking Begin monitoring (or Start capture) near the end of the form; Stop monitoring when you’re done.
  4. Once you’ve completed the form and monitoring, click Submit.
  5. Click Continue using Feedback Hub.
  6. Click My feedback at the top, then find the item you submitted (it may take a while to appear).
  7. Open the item you submitted, then click Share.
  8. Click Copy link, then paste the link here in your response (it will look like https://aka.ms/ link>).

Your input will be highly appreciated.

Regards.

Sorry this didn't help.

TouchMe Gesture Studio is really just a refinement that you could consider if you already had a touchscreen.  It may not work in conjunction with the phone app you will need.

There are some third-party apps that claim to allow you to use your smartphone as a very capable touchpad but, as you seem to have discovered already, they might not do what they claim.  This might start you off - https://www.google.co.uk/?gws_rd=ssl#q=use+smartphone+as+touchpad+for+a+computer&spf=1497556740358 

The How to Use Your Smartphone as a Mouse, Keyboard, and Remote Control for Your PC - HowToGeek article at least seems to have the merit of having been tested

Denis

Try*3 - a user
Dell Inspirons 7779, 1545, 9300; Windows 10 Home x64 & Pro x86; Office Pro 2007; HP DJ2540; HTC UPlay [Android 6.0], MyPhoneExplorer

Sorry this didn't help.

to get my cellphone to act as the touchscreen using 3rd party apps

Like the others I am interpreting "act as the touchscreen" to really mean "act as a touchpad".   Then, try Mouse Without Borders the app?  Hmm... that was the first thing that came to mind when I saw your requirement but then I found

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start/mouse-without-borders-mousewithoutborders/0523308d-3406-4273-b86e-bef28aa6b50d?msgId=0ba21891-3d28-433a-9bc0-1ce9a77f809e

<quote>

We no longer support Windows Phone.
</quote>

But the MWB PC app is still advertising the phone app's URL?  (which doesn't work and just redirects uselessly)

Maybe that's why (I recently found) I can't use that app from my Surface RT any more.   (But I'm still hopeful it is just a firewall issue due to a security update.)

FYI

Robert Aldwinckle
---

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 25, 2018 Views 69 Applies to: