Windows Spotlight Images - Description Where the Photos Were Taken?

Any one know if there's an option to get description/explanation of the individual photos/images that appear on the Lock Screen when you use "Windows Spotlight"?

I now understand that they come from Bing.com and that they are "downloaded" onto your onedrive:

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=5F6CA1C404D1A268!280341&authkey=!APsmFCP0AsGDVrY&ithint=folder%2cjpg

Is there a way to find info on where around the world specific photos were taken? Some of them are awesome pics.

Thanks.

Question Info

Last updated November 16, 2018 Views 73,883 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I was just saying the "Tips" are where my mom's computer had the photo locations of where the place was where it was taken.

The tips and tricks I saw so far were useless garbage. 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I originally found this thread when I was looking for the exact same information...how do I find out where the pictures on Spotlight were taken?  So I started reading the thread and I started to laugh.  This is probably one of the most unintentionally funny threads I've ever read.  I know all of you are frustrated, as am I, but seriously, the customer support posts were hysterical.  I've had the same experience calling AT&T, but somehow seeing the ridiculous "answers" in print form was just so over the top.  

So, thank you for making me laugh.  I'm sorry neither I nor you could get a good answer from MCSLand, but the laugh was worth it. "*****slap Bill Gates?"  "tips and tricks like roll over, play dead?"  This stuff is CLASSIC.

Keep slaying those answerbots.  And maybe, someday, we'll get a real answer to our question.

Or maybe a unicorn will show up on my back porch.  

I'm betting on the unicorn.

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

And we still don't have an answer. But at least the humor keeps us coming back. :D

Sorry this didn't help.

We love unicorns  ... :-) 

Let us know when you see one, ... maybe he/she brings the answers to us :-)

Yes, this stuff is hilarious. I felt like I was watching an episode of Seinfeld, or  Friends, going through it. By the way, me too have had kinda of similar experience with AT&T (years ago). The world is a small place after all  ;-)

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm still looking for the unicorn to show up, but I think AT&T has them all corralled somewhere.  I may have dissenters on this thread, but I do believe I have the current world record for staying on the phone with an AT&T tech support department--8 hours.  To answer two simple questions:  Why am I being billed for a home phone when I don't have a home phone and why isn't my internet working?

After the first 2 hours I decided that I was going to ride this one ALL the way to the coast, and so I did.  I wish I had a transcript.  But I digress...this thread isn't about AT&T.  I did manage to talk to someone at MSFT who is "in the know" and a relative of mine.  I showed him this thread and he was absolutely incredulous.  After he stopped sputtering and using some language I won't repeat on this post, (having to do with Tech Support silliness), he did give me an answer.  The images are randomly pulled from Bing and MSFT doesn't know the locations of the pictures.  Which, as I recall, is the answer found somewhere else on this thread.  So...no new news.  I guess we'll all just have to dream of the places in the pictures and wonder.....

Cheers, all!

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Lesli - I can't wait to see your back-porch Unicorn photo offered as a Spotlight image!

Actually, you are on the right track here... I have saved about 80 of the offered images - some come with details in their properties; others have none. Google's reverse image search tool will sometimes come up with a match that supplies the info, but not always. The shot below shows the original details of the picture I have imaginatively retitled 'Boats' whereas the 'Canopy' image beneath it has no info - just a number. Thanks for the input and don't be too long submitting that Unicorn pic! - Cheers, Ric.

No longer active in this community from July 2018 - Regards to all - RW

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

But, this was my point of my images I posted to show my computer (Toshiba) and my mom's computer (Sony Vaio). They were set up identical -- same software, newly formatted, nothing installed. My mom's had the text in the upper left corner, I didn't. The only "common denominator" is they are different computer brands. Now, her Sony died a painful death and I set mom up with my old Toshiba -- newly formatted with the same Windows 10 dvd and low and behold, the description text is not there.

All computers have Google Chrome as the default browser and default search. Everything was identical for the OS installs (brand new, fresh install). Only difference between the systems are: 1) Computer Brand  2) Hardware for each.

My system:

Mom's System (Sony Vaio):

This used to be funny. Not anymore.

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes I recall that from your earlier post... I think you are probably correct with the idea that it is brand related... maybe there was something in the Sony set-up which made it pick up the info that seems to appear on mobile devices.

I have only ever seen the one image (the coral reef) on my pc with any extra info showing. MS obviously still regard this as 'work-in-progress' so I guess we'll just have to wait and see what the anniversary update brings.

Regards, Ric.

No longer active in this community from July 2018 - Regards to all - RW

Sorry this didn't help.

Mike... I have a DELL Inspiron 3537 laptop,.. about 1 year old, ... windows 10 home.

I never saw that detail, in the top left corner, you show on your Mom's Sony Vaio.

~sigh~ besides us getting the details on the pictures,... if MS is pulling them 'randomly' from the internet, .... you'd hope MS would give the photographers credit, or the site where they got it from. Someone must have taken the picture and put it on the internet. It didn't just 'randomly' appear on the web. That would be scary.  ~sigh~

Sorry this didn't help.

Exactly. If MS pulled them off of the internet, they would be sued so quickly, there would be a line of people trying to sue them. These pics were not taken by "some dude with his phone cam"... sigh. This is futile. 

Sorry this didn't help.