Question

Windows 10 Start Menu Text too dark to read

JPodolski asked on
How can the color of the text in the windows 10 Start Menu be set so that it won't change? The color on the main list starts out white against a dark background, which is OK, but it keeps changing to dark colors that cannot easily be seen. This usually happens when I select all apps and begin scrolling down through the list, but it sometimes happens when I first select Start. I've tried changing background and accent colors, and also letting windows automatically choose colors, but it keeps doing this regardless of how I set it.
347 people had this question

Abuse history

The answered status icon Answer
RASTX replied on
I was finally able to fix this behavior on my Toshiba Satellite Intel Core i7 with Intel HD graphics laptop by turning off all of the 3D settings on the Intel HD Graphics Control Panel. After making these changes and rebooting, the text in the start menu is white and stays that way regardless of how many times I scroll up/down or open/close the menu. Previously both the text and tile color would get darker depending on what position I was on the list/menu when scrolling. I tried rebooting, choosing different accent colors and toggling the transparency of the start menu and task bar. I also updated the graphics drivers as prompted by the Toshiba Support App after upgrading to Windows 10, but it did not fix the problem. Not sure this applies to your situation, but it fixed my issues. 
117 people found this helpful

Abuse history

progress