Windows 10 Slow to Load

Well I upgraded to windows 10 from windows 8.1, After the upgrade here is what i am experiencing:

->After the boot screen it takes about 15 seconds to load the sign-in window(the mouse cursor is visible and movable).

->After signing-in it again takes about 15 seconds to reach desktop.

->And at the desktop it again takes 10-15 seconds to become usable.

By "to become usable" i mean to work smoothly.Anything i click doesn't respond in that interval of time. File explorer doesn't respond, not all taskbar icons appear(appeared icons are start,battery,network,sound,notifications and date & time which does not respond when clicked in that time).It is very irritating.

I checked the Task manager and it always shows "system", "cortana" and "Antimalware Service Executable" together utilizing the disk

99%-100% with accessing speed of 3-5 MB/s each, but only for that interval of time.After that 10-15 seconds everything becomes very smooth and works perfectly without a single hang or delay, Overall disk utilization drop to 3-5% after that time when my Laptop is ideal.

Is it normal with every windows 10 user or just happening with me?

Or is there any link of this problem with that disk utilization?

My system configuration:

->processor: i3-4010U(@1.70 GHz)

->ram: 8 GB DDR3

->Graphics: Intel HD integrated and nvidia Geforce dedicated.

->OS: Windows 10 pro 64-bit.

Well i Would like to mention it again, after that 10-15 seconds on the desktop everything becomes stable,smooth and fast.

Windows is fully updated at the time I am writing this post, all the drivers are latest and all windows features are working good(after that 10-15 seconds :p).

Please help in this regard.

Well I upgraded to windows 10 from windows 8.1, After the upgrade here is what i am experiencing:

->After the boot screen it takes about 15 seconds to load the sign-in window(the mouse cursor is visible and movable).

By "to become usable" i mean to work smoothly.Anything i click doesn't respond in that interval of time. File explorer doesn't respond, not all taskbar icons appear(appeared icons are start,battery,network,sound,notifications and date & time which does not respond when clicked in that time).It is very irritating.

I checked the Task manager and it always shows "system", "cortana" and "Antimalware Service Executable" together utilizing the disk

99%-100% with accessing speed of 3-5 MB/s each, but only for that interval of time.After that 10-15 seconds everything becomes very smooth and works perfectly without a single hang or delay, Overall disk utilization drop to 3-5% after that time when my Laptop is ideal.

My system configuration:

Well i Would like to mention it again, after that 10-15 seconds on the desktop everything becomes stable,smooth and fast.

Windows is fully updated at the time I am writing this post, all the drivers are latest and all windows features are working good(after that 10-15 seconds :p).

I had the black screen on my up g70. My fix s far was to hit FN14 (key beside ctrl) once I got on I looked for the second screen and didn't find one.  I m afraid to shut down   can go back to w7 if I do it before a month passes

37 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

My system configuration:

I had the black screen on my up g70. My fix s far was to hit FN14 (key beside ctrl) once I got on I looked for the second screen and didn't find one.  I m afraid to shut down   can go back to w7 if I do it before a month passes

I too have been experiencing issues.  The 1st couple of days I had Windows 10 installed everything worked great.  Now, when I am working and I open up my Microsoft Office programs, it takes them 10 to 20 seconds to load and open.  Once they are open they are smooth and fast but the delay from click to open is so very aggravating.

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Try the double lick to open.

My new Win 10 install came configured with double click to open icons. It was normal fast to open desktop icon applications.  I reconfigured to single click.  It now takes 13 to 30 seconds to open those same application with a single click,,, but if I double click them they jump open normal fast. My configuration is still set for single click, but double clicking get the results instantly.

Please let me know if anyone finds or knows the fix for this "single click slow to open" issue.

16 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

My system configuration:

I too have been experiencing issues.  The 1st couple of days I had Windows 10 installed everything worked great.  Now, when I am working and I open up my Microsoft Office programs, it takes them 10 to 20 seconds to load and open.  Once they are open they are smooth and fast but the delay from click to open is so very aggravating.

Having the same problem and I hate it!!!

9 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

me too! I hate windows 10

8 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

THIS I9NFO IS USELOESS FOR CORRECTING WINDOWS 10 ISSUES!

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the same issue except I have no functionality for about 2 minutes. My OS is completely up to date at the time I have wrote this post (11/1/2017, 9:30 EST.) What I mean by a loss of functionality is that the desktop is completely black and the taskbar and start button do not work or appear. The only functioning part is the task manager in the control alt delete menu This task manager displays that all the crucial OS background processes are running although, programs that I set to have a preset to start once a login occurs do not start until the 2 minutes are over. 

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Windows 7 is sooooo much faster haha. It was also simpler... Although I suppose it did have a few security issues/OS instability issues/occasional crashes.

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Mine is doing that exact thing also! Just started today. Wondering if it has to do with the last update? Mine doesn't want to close either. It's driving me crazy!!  LOL :)

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Exact same issue!
Vintage Chief

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated November 2, 2022 Views 8,024 Applies to: