Windows 10 Creators Update - Change desktop icon TEXT font size

I cant find a way to change the font size of the text under the icons on the desktop.  

Other version of Windows 10 allowed for this by selecting the point size of the font.

Any idea where this option is now buried?

Question Info

Last updated September 16, 2019 Views 8,587 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Hi,

Since the screen management tab has been removed from the control panel with the arrival of Creators Update, you will find the settings to handle the screen under Settings > System > Display.

Also take a look at these articles:

If these settings do not meet your needs regarding your customizations, you might try to change settings from Windows Registry.

So, as a first step, Microsoft recommends that you first back up the registry: How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

After that, I think it might be easier to apply these changes through utility created specially for this purpose. So I'd suggest you to try Winaero Tweaker. It's a free little program quite simple to use application that allows to customize Windows 7/8/10 in many possible ways and I think it might be useful to you for the changes you need.

You can download it from here.

Also, keep in mind that you can send your feedback to Microsoft to help make Windows better using the "Feedback Hub" app in Windows 10.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Alby

_____

Alberto Giura
Microsoft® MCC - Windows Insider - Article Author

22 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.