Win 10 - Mixed up panoramic wallpaper pictures on dual monitor setup

Why is my computer showing parts of two different panoramic photographs on each monitor? If I choose a non panoramic theme then two different pictures are shown on the monitors and they cycle independently. If I pick a panoramic theme, then parts of two different panoramic pictures are shown on the monitors and they also cycle independently. My Win 7 and Win 8.1 machines do not behave this way. They show panoramic correctly. It seems to me that Win 8 had a way to have two different pictures, and also do panoramic, but, you could customize it. I contacted support live chat and was instructed to use a single picture for a desktop wallpaper to duplicate on the two monitors to avoid the error.

Hello Kevin,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

You may update the drivers for Windows 10 from device manager and check if it works as expected.

If the drivers are already updated, then, reinstall the graphics card driver.

You may also disconnect the dual monitor setup and connect it again and verify the status.

I hope the above information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance.
Thank you.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

What happens if you change the Wallpaper position to be Span in the Settings app under Personalization?  That sounds like what you want.

65 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for the prompt reply. I disconnected the second monitor and reinstalled the latest drivers from Nvidia. Then reconnected the second monitor. Nothing changed. The panoramic pictures are still mixed up and different pictures are shown on each monitor. If I am using a standard theme (not panoramic) then different pictures show on each monitor and they cycle independently. This solution did not work but thanks anyway.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

What happens if you change the Wallpaper position to be Span in the Settings app under Personalization?  That sounds like what you want.

This solution worked. Thank you very much. This seems like a new feature. I like it. If I am using a panoramic wallpaper, then I have to select span to make the panoramic picture show across both monitors. My computer does not default to span whenever I select a panoramic theme, but, the option is there. I also now like that when I am using a standard (not panoramic) theme that two different pictures are shown and cycle independently.

Thanks again.

36 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you! This was driving me crazy!

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 14, 2024 Views 9,705 Applies to: