Win 10 1607 lock screen

How can I disable the lock screen in this new ver? My old hack does not work. I'm running win 10 pro.

Question Info

Last updated January 16, 2019 Views 4,836 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi,

I understand that you would like to disable the lock screen. I will certainly help you with this.

I would like you to know that there is no such feature to disable the lock screen. However, you may use your favorite search engine to look for any third party software to enable this feature.

Important Notes:

• Using Third Party Software, including hardware drivers can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the use of Third Party Software can be solved. Using Third Party Software is at your own risk.

• Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow the steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

Hope this information helps.

Please get back to us with an update on the issue, we will be happy to help.

Regards,
Ankit Rajput

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Why did you disable the feature to deactivate the lockscreen in the group policies for the Windows Pro? Why? Why??

Since the most of us has a Desktop-PC, there is no need (really: no need!) to have a lockscreen. It is useful when you have a tablet. But it is just annoying to have this unnecessary lockscreen if you use your windows 10 on a desktop PC. So please enable the group policy for windows 10 (Pro) again, so that we can decide, if we want a lockscreen on a desktop PC or not.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello,

Thank you for your response. I appreciate your time.

I realize how frustrating it is to not have the future we used in previous Operating System.

I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check if that helps:

1. Right-click the Start button and select Run from the pop-up menu. In the Run dialog box, type regedit and click OK. You may encounter a User Account Control (UAC) pop-up window asking you if you want to allow this program to make changes to your computer. Click Yes to proceed.
  2. The Registry Editor will open. In this window, navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows.
  3. In the Windows folder, right-click in the right pane of the Registry Editor, select New and then select Key. This will appear as a folder in the Windows folder, titled New Key #1. Rename it Personalization and select the folder by clicking it.
  4. In the Personalization folder, right-click in the right pane of the Registry Editor, select New and then select DWORD (32-bit) Value. You will see a new item pop-up in the right pane of the Registry Editor, titled New Value #1. Rename this to NoLockScreen.
  5. Double-click NoLockScreen to open its value data. Under Value data: change the value from 0 to 1 and click OK. Exit out of the Registry Editor and reboot your PC.

Important Note:

Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow the steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

Regards,
Ankit Rajput

Sorry this didn't help.

I already tried that. In 1607 the NoLockScreen is already there and set to 1. 

Sorry this didn't help.

It does not work at all. 

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello,

Thank you for your response. I appreciate your time.

I would suggest you to refer to the suggestion by Rajesh Govind replied on October 6, 2014 from the link mentioned below:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_personal/change-the-system-lock-screen-image-picture-in/6b3aebea-6d8a-45aa-ad97-750e9450b9e4

Regards,
Ankit Rajput

Sorry this didn't help.

That article is based on a old win 10. This problem can't be fixed without Microsoft changing the registry files. 

Sorry this didn't help.

It's not the same topic, is it? We don't want to change the wallpaper of the lockscreen. We want to disable it, like we could in Windows 10 Pro before 1607 build.

It's silly to have a lockscreen on a Desktop-PC. Why can't you understand? I think you don't use the Pro-Version.

Please let there be a flag in the next update, that serious user can disable it.

By the way: my GPU-Gadget does not any more, because the PCMeter is not detected.

Before the 1607-build I began to like Windows 10. At the moment I regret that I did the upgrade :-(

Sorry this didn't help.

Ankit,

I realize how frustrating it is to not have the future we used in previous Operating System.

Great!  Then please tell the program designers to not arbitrarily remove features that even the teensy-tinyest amount of research would show that many people are going out of their way to use because the default settings are extremely annoying for using a desktop PC that is not a tablet. (Hint: This is why Windows 8 was a commercial failure.)

<quote>Please get back to us with an update on the issue, we will be happy to help.</quote>

Update:  I'm even more frustrated after reading this. :)

Sorry this didn't help.

Oh it gets worse. The whole thing is totally broken this end. Not only am I stuck with the annoying thing, but none of the settings for it actually work. I can't change wallpaper. I can't enable a slide show. I can't enable the loading orb thing. I can't get Cortana to display any extra info on there. Nothing works no matter how it is enabled. I just got another update that changed stuff. It now no longer lets me adjust those settings, but instead states that these settings are controlled by group policy.... except it isn't doing what group policy dictates because its still there and stuck on the same default setup and wallpaper it's been at since the anniversary update. Not even adjusting group policy is making a difference to it.

Sorry this didn't help.