Question

Q: US International Keyboard for Windows 10

In Windows 7, I configured my keyboard to use the “US International Keyboard” so that I could type some other language characters e.g. Ä,ä,Ö,ö,Ü,ü,Í,í,Ñ,ñ,Ó,ó, etc, etc. I used the right Alt key and e (right Alt + e) to produce é. I have now upgraded to Windows 10 and cannot find this option. How can I activate this US International Keyboard?

Thanks HFr.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi,

You could face this issue due to corrupt our outdated Mouse Driver. I suggest you to follow the steps given below and check if it helps you.

What is the make and model of your computer?

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

a)         Press Windows key + W and type troubleshooting.

b)         Select Troubleshooting.

c)         Select View all on the top left corner.

d)         Run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Move to next method if you still face this issue.

Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the Mouse driver from manufacturer’s website.

Follow these steps to Uninstall Keyboard driver.

a)         Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.

b)         Search for Mouse driver and expand it.

c)         Right click on the Mouse driver and select Uninstall.

I suggest you to download the latest Mouse drivers from the manufacturers website.

Please reply with the required information and the results. I will be glad to help you further.

Thank you.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

1 person was helped by this reply

I upgraded my laptop and cannot find the option either. I don't have a mouse. Where is the option in the Settings?

Thanks.

Sorry this didn't help.

2 people were helped by this reply

I also would like to have the international keyboard back. The answer about the mouse driver is totally incorrect and in the wrong place. It has nothing to do with the mouse and everything to do with the fact that there is NO international keyboard option in the control panel.

Sorry this didn't help.

28 people were helped by this reply

I finally found it!! Go to Settings from the windows icon at bottom left.  Click on Time and Language, the Region and Language.

You should see English (United States) ...[assuming you are in US]. Click on it and a button labeled OPTIONS will appear.

Click on the OPTIONS button. Now you will see an option to ADD a KEYBOARD. Click on that and then scroll down the list until you see United States International. Click to add it to your language bar (should be in system tray)

Works just like previous versions after you add it.

Sorry this didn't help.

345 people were helped by this reply

I finally found it!! Go to Settings from the windows icon at bottom left.  Click on Time and Language, the Region and Language.

You should see English (United States) ...[assuming you are in US]. Click on it and a button labeled OPTIONS will appear.

Click on the OPTIONS button. Now you will see an option to ADD a KEYBOARD. Click on that and then scroll down the list until you see United States International. Click to add it to your language bar (should be in system tray)

Works just like previous versions after you add it.

Bravo! And thank you so much AnnBP!

I followed your steps and also tested – (successfully, proven e.g.: áéíñ¿äüö)  -  the process in this reply note, in MS-Word, MS-Excel and MS-Outlook. Feels like "Good O'l Time" 

Please, let me add one more step after your last instruction:

If you have not removed the original Keyboard (at step ADD a KEYBOARD), you will now have two (2) Keyboard options in the system tray.

To switch between the two input methods (i.e. Keyboards), Press the Windows key + Space.

Have fun and thanks again, Hfra

Sorry this didn't help.

34 people were helped by this reply

I keep trying this, but I do not see United States International as an option when trying to add a keyboard. Is this a language pack that I might have to download or something?

Sorry this didn't help.

@LMedendo

I followed AnnBP’s instructions and it worked for me. I do not have a special Language pack.

When you get to “ADD a KEYBOARD" Click on that and then scroll down the list until you see "United States – International QWERTY". Click to add it to your language bar (should be in system tray)

The keyboard name is:

United States - International

QWERTY

In the system try it appears as:

ENG

English (United States)

Try again and good luck!

Sorry this didn't help.

4 people were helped by this reply

Thank you!  Very helpful.

Sorry this didn't help.

You have no idea how happy you just made me. I'm a college student taking three languages this semester and I was on the verge of tears trying to fight with the other keyboards, as I had used international in high school. Thank you so much, oh my goodness. You've saved my life. 

Sorry this didn't help.

1 person was helped by this reply

worked for me, and added a step. It kept defaulting to the UK keyboard. So with the two there I clicked on the UK one and pressed the delete key.

Sorry this didn't help.

2 people were helped by this reply

Question Info

Views: 45797 Last updated: January 21, 2018 Applies to: