'show desktop'button at the end of my taskbar

hi,

in win7 i had the "show desktop"button at the very right side of my taskbar, behind the clock and i really really miss it!

can you help me to get it back?

EDIT: ok sorry i found out that it is there.. just super slim, is it possible to make it bigger?

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I would like to inform you that you don't have an option to increase the size of the "show desktop" button. This is by design. However you may press Windows Key + D to show the desktop.

Thanks,
Yaqub Khan

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

This is a MAJOR design FLAW. For those of us who have vision problems, the "new and improved" button size is a detriment. Why should I have to make extra keystrokes when it's an easy fix for the programmers. Bring back the larger button size!

22 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry, no offense, but don't you think this is stupid? Using a very small area or a windows key + D shortcut on a Surface tablet???? How can I use that shortcut if I am in a browser (touch a very small area to open on screen keyboard/press the two key shortcut/touch the very small area to close the keyboard)? This is very smart. I think Microsoft's engineers deserve a bonus. 

Microsoft is selling touch tablets, but there are no enhancements for the classic Windows. Everything is small. Small window close button, stupid small show desktop button (actually this is small even for mouse users, just google it) etc. On touch devices you must use a touch pen or be a kind of anorexic.

The biggest software company in the world cannot produce an option to change the UI if you use a touch device? Instead of fancy useless UI animations, just do that.

The first Surface device was launched 4 years ago. Still no enhancements for touch users in classic Windows. NOTHING. I love my Surface Pro, but using classic windows is awkward and former "Metro" interface (now tablet mode) is kind of useless. Guys, 100% of your customers are using classic Windows on touch devices. Don't you think is time for a change?

"Oooo, nooo, we don't sell enough Surface tablets, and we don't know why!". That's one of the reasons.

Sorry for this, but maybe somebody up there will see this and will do something.  Please, just pass this message to... "somebody" 

5 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

This is BAD design, it's only a few millimetres wide! I use a 3 monitor layout, the primary desktop is the central monitor. Do you know how hard it is to hit that button when the edge of that monitor is not the edge of the screen?

14 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Do you know what is the idiotic reasoning for this stupid deliberate "design" decision?

19 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated June 28, 2020 Views 1,602 Applies to: