screen saver problems in windows 10

i am not able to change my screen saver or slideshow in windows 10. after about 5 sec it goes back to the old one
Answer
Answer

Hi Rocky,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused. I will be glad to assist you with this.

Sometimes if you have more than one background image saved as your desktop background in the slideshow, it could trigger the background to change to the next every few minutes depending on the set timeframe.

I would suggest you to right click on the desktop and see if you get the option to go to "next desktop background".

Also, follow the steps to change the screen saver and check if the issue persists:

1. Press Windows key + I to open settings.

2. Click on "personalization".

3. Click on "lock screen" and select "screen saver settings"

4. Choose the desired screen saver from the drop down list and click "ok".

If you have done these steps and the issue remains the same, I would suggest you to boot your computer in clean boot state and check if the issue persists. Placing your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot.    

How to Perform a Clean Boot? (Applies to Windows 10)

Note: Once you are done with the troubleshooting, perform the steps in "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot" to reset computer as usual.

Do get back to us with the result. We will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

5 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated July 10, 2020 Views 1,771 Applies to: