Icon titles on Start menu is not showing properly on Windows 10.

Original Title: Windows Store and its Application is Broken

The problems start when the start tab/menu cannot be open so I search the solution on the net. 

I found some and tried it (it included some cmd), after days i just realize that on my windows start menu, the icons pinned on it its not showing for windows apps.

See above all of my windows apps (from the store) name changed to "@{Microsoft.XXXXX" and cannot be run.

Can someone help me solve this? 

Hello Chugoh,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

1. What are the troubleshooting methods performed to resolve the above issue?
  2. Do you get any error message/error code on launching the app icons on the PC?
  3. Did you check if similar issue persists on other user profiles on the computer?

You may be facing the above issue due to some of the corrupted app files & folders or missing app files on your PC. Running the troubleshooter will help in detecting and identifying the issue and sometime will fix to enhance the performance of the system.

Method 1: I suggest you to run the Windows apps troubleshooter and check if the issue is resolved if you haven’t tried the method before.

In many cases, the Windows Store will automatically notify you if there’s a problem with an app and try to fix the problem. If you continue experiencing problems with an app, this tool can automatically identify and fix some problems with apps and the Store.

Method 2: If the issue persists, run SFC scan and DISM scan on the PC by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

SFC scan is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. If a Windows Resource Protection (WRP) file is missing or is corrupted, Windows may not behave as expected. For example, some Windows functions may not work, or Windows may crash.

Windows corruption errors may prevent Windows updates and service packs from installing. For example, an update might not install if a system file is damaged. The DISM scan or System Update Readiness tool may help you to fix some Windows corruption errors. 

Step 1: Open an Administrator command prompt window by

1. Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard and select Command Prompt (Admin) option.
  2. Click on Yes and continue. Provide administrator password if prompted.
  3. Check if it says Administrator: Command Prompt at the top of the command prompt window.

Step 2: Type the following commands in the CMD Prompt:

Dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth

Dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

Step 3: Close the command window and check if the issue is resolved.

Method 3: If the issue persists,create another administrator user account by referring to Set up accounts on Windows 10 article and check if similar issue persists.

The corrupted user profile does not function normally such as not launching Start menu, Cortana, Search bar, Store and other Windows applications. In such cases creating a new profile and checking for the same will help in identifying if the is specific to corrupted user profile or the OS.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Sorry for late reply!!

Answering your questions:

1. The troubleshoot i found that seems to be a problem is the "reinstalling windows app" that use elevated Powershell. It include some command like "sfc /scannow" and "Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}", looked like this:
  2. There is no error message or error code when i open the app. It's showing an empty window and after seconds it just closed itself.
  3. I just made other profile to test it and the store can't be opened as well. Like it's not there, i can't found the apps like Camera and Store using the Search Windows.

I just used Windows Apps Troubleshooter but it couldn't identify the problem.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Thank you for the update.

Try the methods.

Method 1: Check the System Date and Time on your computer.

Let’s first check if the system date and time are correct. If they are showing incorrect values, then follow the steps below and correct the time and date according to your time zone.

a. Press Windows key + C key on your keyboard to show the Charms bar.

b. Type “Date and Time” in the charms bar search.

c. Click Change date and time button (To change the time zone click on time zone tab).

d. Click Apply and Ok to save the date and time.

If the issue still persists try method 2.

Method 2: Clear store Cache.

Once you clear the old cache the Window store will run smooth and you can browse or update apps. Please follow the steps below to clear the cache of Windows Store.

a) Press Windows key + R key.

b) Type wsreset.exe and click Ok.

Hope this information helps. Please let us know if you need any other assistance with Windows in future. We will be happy to assist you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated November 19, 2023 Views 183 Applies to: