How to Restore windows 10 system icons

How to restore my windows 10 system icon, i was trying restore using system restore but nothing change :(

Previously i modifying imageres.dll, imagesp1.dll, zipfidr.dll using ipack builder.

Help me :(

Question Info

Last updated December 3, 2019 Views 7,827 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Let's try rebuilding the icon cache on your computer. Some users were able to restore the default system icons by rebuilding the icon cache. Here are the steps:

1. Open File Explorer.
  2. Navigate to the C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer folder.
  3. In this folder, you will see a lot of files like iconcache_32.db, iconcache_48.db, iconcache_96.db, iconcache_256.db, iconcache_1024.db, iconcache_1280.db, iconcache_1600.db, iconcache_1920.db, iconcache_2560.db, iconcache_exif.db, iconcache_idx.db, iconcache_sr.db, iconcache_wide.dd, iconcache_wide_alternate.db, etc.
  4. Delete them all to purge and rebuild the icon cache.
  5. Reboot your computer.

If the custom icons still appear after rebuilding the icon cache, we suggest that you perform a repair upgrade using a Creators Update ISO file. Performing this can repair broken operating system files while preserving your personal files, settings and installed applications. For more information and steps on how to perform a repair upgrade, kindly follow the wiki article created by Andre Da Costa on the following link: How to perform a repair upgrade using the Windows 10 ISO file.

If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to post a reply.

8 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.