How do I get the normal desktop view back?

I've been using Windows 10 for a few days with no problem, and working mainly from the desktop view. But now I can only get the new view with the tiles (pre-selected useless ones that Windows thinks I'll find useful). I was trying to work with different documents and it was having trouble resizing and trying to do it for me with one on one side of the page and the others all small on the other side.

Hard to explain, but I just want it to go back to how it was, to the desktop mode, and doing things I want it to do not what it thinks will be helpful for me. 

Help! 

Answer
Answer

The comments in threads are meant to be "answers", not other questions. Make sure you read through all comments on the question made by the original poster (OP) to see if an answer has helped you. However, if you are having the same problem as the question made by the OP and none of the answers have helped you or you need more clarification, please attempt to explain this in more detail.

I spent some time making GIFs about the basic answers for, what i can make out, the problems expressed on this thread. I hope they are helpful.

To help others having the same issue, if a reply is helpful,
please select "Mark as answer" from ... under the helpful reply.

417 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 19, 2024 Views 378,882 Applies to: