General thread: screen rotation not working and missing in Windows 10 on certain devices

Many are complaining about screen rotation no longer working after the upgrade to Windows 10. Also, there appears to be no "Rotation lock" icon in notification center. Here's an overview of devices currently having this problem:

• HP Stream 7 (fixed by updated driver from HP)
  • Vulcan Excursion XB
  • Dell Inspiron 7000
  • Dell Inspiron 13-7352 2-in-1
  • Microsoft Surface Pro 1
  • Toshiba Satellite Radius
  • HP Envy laptop
  • Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (fixed with the YMC app)
  • Acer Aspire R3-471T
  • Surface 3 (can be fixed by removing and re-adding the accelerometer)
  • iBall wq 149r
  • prestigio multipad  visconte 3
  • Cube iWorks8

The problem isn't with the actual rotation, since that can be triggered from display settings (i.e. there is nothing wrong with the display driver). For now it looks like the problem is with the sensor services and/or accelerometer driver. Feel free to respond if you have this problem, and please mention which hardware you are using and which version of Windows 10 (home/pro, 32/64bit).

Discussion Info

Last updated May 17, 2019 Views 6,615 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Having the same issue the auto rotation is not working and I can't find the option anywhere

iBall wq 149r

same problem here.

using prestigio multipad  visconte 3

Many are complaining about screen rotation no longer working after the upgrade to Windows 10. Also, there appears to be no "Rotation lock" icon in notification center. Here's an overview of devices currently having this problem:

• HP Stream 7
  • Vulcan Excursion XB
  • Dell Inspiron 7000
  • HP Envy laptop
  • Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (although this seems to be fixed with the YMC app)

The problem isn't with the actual rotation, since that can be triggered from display settings (i.e. there is nothing wrong with the display driver). For now it looks like the problem is with the sensor services and/or accelerometer driver. Feel free to respond if you have this problem, and please mention which hardware you are using and which version of Windows 10 (home/pro, 32/64bit).

No rotation display after upgrade to windows 10 on Cube iWorks8.
I Think microsoft have huge problem with that, when they not come with an solution.

• HP Stream 7
  • Vulcan Excursion XB
  • Dell Inspiron 7000
  • HP Envy laptop
  • Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (although this seems to be fixed with the YMC app)

No rotation display after upgrade to windows 10 on Cube iWorks8.
I Think microsoft have huge problem with that, when they not come with an solution.

I am using windows 10 home 32 bit on my

iBall wq 149r (2 in 1) facing the same issue.

My HP Stream 7 has a rotation lock on/off in the Action Center (wipe from the right side to display).  Yes it was extremely annoying for the Windows 10 update to default to rotation lock.
Terry
HP have released a Windows 10 driver for the accelerometer that restores screen rotation; the rotation lock icon also reappears in notification center.
Rotation lock not working on Dell Inspiron 13-7352 2-in-1 with 64 bit Windows 10 Home upgrade.
Rotation not working on Acer Aspire R3-471T 64 bit after upgrade to Windows 10.

Same issue on a Dell Venue 8 Pro after updating the BIOS and chipset driver from the Dell website.

ISSUE RESOLVED:  Problem was self-inflicted.  I had used DoNotSpy and had checked the box to Disable Sensors.  Once I unchecked the box and rebooted, the Rotation Lock Button reappeared in the Action Center and the automatic rotation works correctly.

I am having this problem and using a Surface 3.