Question

Q: Creator's Update - Courier New

Well, my PC was updated, and I spend a lot of time in putty sessions.

The first thing I noticed was how awful it was to read.  When I did a comparison I found they've changed the courier new font.

Is it time to find a new font? I really don't want to.  Maybe a public alternative? It would be nice just to use the built in font, but this is not suitable for development, or just reading.   Or maybe there was some system wide rendering change I can undo?

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi Jason,

There is a possibility that this could be one of the recent changes with Windows 10 Creator's Update. We suggest that you share your insight by sending a feedback using the Feedback Hub app that can be downloaded from the Store.

Feel free to post again if you have other concerns.

Regards.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

The character 2 is intolerable and sticks out like an sore thumb. All my programs is save as courier new and I don't want to change it.  I used feedback and enclose an screen print that had about 20 of these 2.  I assume they will correct this error as complaints begin to pile up as updating to creators continues. If not this shows Microsoft is as bind as an bat or fixing it is low priority.

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the same problem. I can not look at it, this "new" pattern pulls its eyes.
Please repair. Thank you
Excuse my English.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Tomas,

For us to have a better view of your issue, please provide the following information:

• What action/s are you trying to perform on your PC?
  • Are there any error codes/messages preventing you from performing the action?
  • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We will be waiting for your response.

Sorry this didn't help.

Acelyn,

He is talking about the Font issue that I originally posted about after the Creator's Update.

Sorry this didn't help.

I found the older version of Courier New (Version 6.9) on a previous Windows 10 installation media I had

I uploaded the font family to my DropBox account.

It is in a folder, download the folder, inside the folder are 4 fonts, right click each file and choose install, you will be asked if you want to overwrite the original (old) font, choose yes

Click HERE to get the Courier New Version 6.9 Fonts

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Power to the Developer!
Dell Precision M6800 - Core i7, 16GB RAM, nVIdia Quadro, 128GB SSD, 1TB HDD

Sorry this didn't help.

4 people were helped by this reply

I'm working on PC for normal work, programming, Internet, Excel, a little playing games.
I have tried updating the GPU (GF970), resetting the Clear Tipe, and sharpening the sharpness in the monitor menu.
  It did not provide any solution. Courier New is still bad.

Sorry this didn't help.

Current version Courier New  for creator update is 6.9. Sounds like Font got accidentally change for if redesign version would have change.  If redesign their testing would have discover the problem. If accidentally change nobody would bother testing it.

Sorry this didn't help.

I had to take one PC on my network back to Anniversary because of losing keyboard and mouse on KVM switch. The 4 courier new font 6.90 look great. So I copy them to an directory. Switch over to Creator and delete the 4 courier new font 6.90. Went to my directory and installed the Anniversary 4 courier new font 6.90. I was now expecting Creator to look as good as the Anniversary but they look as bad as before. So its not the fonts. Its the program that uses the fonts.

Sorry this didn't help.

Windows File Protection may or may not protect True Type Fonts.

It might roll back your changes.

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 2,536 Last updated: April 26, 2018 Applies to: