Auto hide taskbar is NOT working!

I can't get the taskbar to auto hide, even though the auto hide is turned on!!! I have tried just about everything and can't figure it out - any and all help is appreciated!!!!

Question Info

Last updated October 22, 2018 Views 2,247 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi Kathryn,

Sorry for the delay in response.

We suggest you to run this command and check.

1. Press Win + X keys on the keyboard and select Command Prompt(Admin).
  2. Type or copy, paste the command in the command prompt DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth and hit Enter.
  3. Restart the computer and check.

Thank you

Ravinath P
Forum Moderator - Multiple Forums

4 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

This did not fix the problem. Once run, it reported all was reset, but when rebooted, the taskbar auto-hide once or twice, then remained fixed as before.

Sorry this didn't help.

OK so I had the same problem and I can't stand when the task bar is covering everything so I took this advice from another post which basically asks the question, "What program is running which could be forcing the taskbar to stay open - even after setting it to close?"

I shut down (exited) the "INTEL HD Graphics" program running in the task bar cluster. As soon as I shut that down the taskbar released and closed and now it seems to work perfectly. Good Luck.

Danny "DelRay" Heise

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

I saw this advice elsewhere as well. When I tried it the first couple of times I still could not hide the taskbar. I closed all the apps in the notification center and it worked once. Then I noticed if I left clicked on any icon which appeared in the notification center area the taskbar went into hiding. After that, each time an icon appears and I left click on it the bar disappears.

Sorry this didn't help.

After the last update, it seems to be working great now. Thanks! I love Windows 10!!

Sorry this didn't help.

I had this issue with the taskbar not auto hiding, i ran the cmd wind and command mentioned.

It fixed the taskbar about 90% of the time, every now and then the taskbar still gets stuck, logging out and into my account seems to fix it.

I've tried reseting the {autohide} to on and off a few times only to see it auto hide itself, then immediately pop back up and stick. ( had no effect )

Under win7pro i cant ever remember having an issue with autohide, it always worked as expected, win10... i'm guessing some of the scripting or code needs rewriting.

I also notice on the statusbar the task view & notification icons seem to be a little odd when interacting with the mouseover.

Hovering the mouse over and moving it slightly cause the text overlay to show & hide repeatedly so quickly it's hard to read.. i have to position my mouse just right on the icon for the text discription to show up and stay.

It seems there are a few timing issues with the new startmenu & live tiles & a couple icons.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hot-Rod411 I have the same experience going on.  I am astounded how Microsoft continues to release products in which the most basic functions are ****.  If things like this do not work well how the hell do they think they are getting much of anything right?

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm another user with a taskbar problem.  Auto hide works OK but............if the taskbar is placed at the bottom of the screen it will not reappear when the computer wakes from sleep mode until I open the task manager and restart Windows Explorer.  Then the taskbar will work properly until the computer goes into sleep mode again.

The problem does not appear if I keep the taskbar pinned to the left side of the screen but that is not where I like to keep it.  I have seen one other post from an individual with exactly the same situation.  It appears that Windows 10 with some hardware configurations has a problem with the taskbar.  I say, with some configurations, because I have a second computer running Windows 10 that does not have a taskbar problem. 

Sorry this didn't help.

I fixed all my win10 issues.

[live tiles not working]

[taskbar autohide]

[icon mouse over issue]

[some programs seem to be missing from startmenu after the upgrade]( i guess i could do a screen cap of the startmenu in win7 then after the upgrade i can compare to see exactly what or if anything is missing, but that's down the road now)

I restored my computer to win7, it's possible only if you upgraded and it's been less then a month since the upgrade. ( don't quote me )

I'll wait for a number of months and bug fix's to happen on win10 before i try the upgrade again or...

I'm thinking i mite do a dual boot setup and a clean install of win10 to see if the issues still happens. ( still thinking )

Sorry this didn't help.

Well microsoft pulled the wool over my eyes and F***ed me over.

After restoring my computer from the win10 upgrade back to win7, now i'm getting a notice telling me my win7 is not activated and no longer supported for activation.

Looks like now i have to buy some version of windows just because i tried out win10 and it didn't work properly on my computer.

so i'm guessing if i turn off my computer, i wont be able to use it tomorrow.

Not a happy camper !

Sorry this didn't help.