Adjustable image icons in Windows 10 File Explorer?

In the Windows 7 File Explorer, there is a slider that lets me display image files in varying sizes between categories like "Extra Large Icons", "Large Icons", and so forth. With the slider I can adjust sizes to (for example) fill a window with the images without needing to scroll down.
That feature seems to be lacking in Windows 10. So far as I can tell, the new File Explorer allows no sizes between the Extra Large, Large, Medium, and Small icon settings. Is there a way to get back that functionality?

Question Info

Last updated September 28, 2019 Views 3,703 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Hi Ronks, 

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

You can go to Advanced sizing of text and other items change the icon size according to your preference. Check if the below steps help you.

Steps:-

1. Go to your desktop, right-click your mouse and go to Display Settings.
  2. A panel will open. Here you can adjust the size of text, apps, and other items and also change the orientation. To change the resolution settings, scroll down this window and click on Advanced Display Settings
  3. You can change it according to your requirements.

NOTE: Lower is the resolution, larger is the content displayed on your screen. From the available options in the drop-down menu, select the one you want and click Apply.

You can also zoom in or zoom out by holding the Ctrl key and scrolling your mouse upwards or downwards.

You can also zoom in or zoom out by holding the Ctrl key and press '+' or '-'.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

4 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.