Windows Spotlight wallpaper doesn't change

Hi,

I'm AbdulMajid,

Whenever I lock my PC, i get the same old spotlight lock screen wallpaper which i got few days ago. I'll upload the spotlight wallpaper I'm currently having.

I am stuck on this spotlight wallpaper forever and it won't change. i really love this feature in Windows 10 so please help.

Below are my steps for troubleshooting:

1) I ran sfc /scannow on an elevated Command Prompt.

2)I ran disk cleanup.

3)I have updated my PC with all windows updates

My build number is Build 10586.36

Question Info

Last updated October 20, 2018 Views 87,263 Applies to:
Answer
I made a solution, this fixed it for me:

1. Log in as another user and go to C:\Users\<user you want fixed>\AppData\Local\Packages (make sure other account is logged out). May need to add your user to have read/write permission to <user you want fixed folder>

2. Rename Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_cw5n1h2txyewy to Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_cw5n1h2txyewy Old

3. Log out, log in as <user you want fixed>. Open Administrator Powershell

4. Type
Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager -allusers | foreach {Add-AppxPackage -register "$($_.InstallLocation)\appxmanifest.xml" -DisableDevelopmentMode}

5. Right click your desktop, Personalize -> Lock Screen -> Switch to Slideshow or Picture, switch back to Windows Spotlight, a new image should load in preview

6. Win + L key to see if new image appears

7. Unlock computer and delete the old "Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_cw5n1h2txyewy Old", if the fix worked.

If you only have a Standard User account, you must enable Administrator access on your account to run the powershell commands, otherwise it will re-install the lock screen on the Administrator account you elevated powershell with.

220 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer

Hi Abdul,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Windows Spotlight captures images from the Bing search engine which is called Bing images of the day. Sometimes if we are offline, the pictures wouldn't change.  

Please let us know the information that was asked in the post and also the results of the troubleshooting steps so that we can assist you further.   

Thanks & Regards
Joy

86 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.