Question

Q: Windows 10 notifications have gone back in time

Yesterday, apart from applying one fix, Windows 10 worked reasonably well. Notifications from my Twitter were appearing as normal in the notifications bar and live in the corner.

Imagine my surprise this morning when I clicked on the notifications and saw that this had all gone back in time to last Thursday. (Today is Saturday.) Nothing from Friday shows up, and nothing overnight shows up.

No system restore has been applied. Windows 10 has simply gone back in time for a day and behaves as though Friday never happened.

How do I get the Twitter notifications to update?

I would open the action center, click the "Clear" link at the top-right, and then test a new twitter notification to see if it surfaces.  Can you test that out?
Shawn "Cmdr" Keene | Microsoft MVP - Windows Insider | CmdrKeene.com | tweet me: @LtCmdrKeene
Microsoft MVPs are independent experts offering real-world answers. Learn more at mvp.microsoft.com.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you, Shawn—it looks like since I posted the notifications cleared themselves (!) and the new ones are now coming in.

Also, thank you for not providing copy-and-paste answers but ones designed specifically for our problems. I’m really grateful—reminds me of the earlier days when I came in here with Windows issues.

Jack Yan
jackyan.com

Sorry this didn't help.

I'll never just post "run DISM and reboot".  Those posts anger me as much as they do everyone else :)
Shawn "Cmdr" Keene | Microsoft MVP - Windows Insider | CmdrKeene.com | tweet me: @LtCmdrKeene
Microsoft MVPs are independent experts offering real-world answers. Learn more at mvp.microsoft.com.

Sorry this didn't help.

And your suggestion does work BTW (clearing and getting new activity on Twitter). :)
Jack Yan
jackyan.com

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Shawn and anyone else listening: the notifications have gone again, and clearing and rebooting have not helped. Any thoughts? They have gone for a few days now.
Jack Yan
jackyan.com

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 25 Last updated: December 30, 2017 Applies to: