Windows 10: Multiple monitor lock screen

I was trying to find out how to get my lockscreen to display on both of my monitors rather than just one and I stumbled upon this thread from 6 months ago. In the thread it's mentioned that the request for two+ monitor lock screens to be reinstated was passed along to the team. I was wondering if there's been any update on the progress of this? It may sound like a small problem to have but it makes me sad that Windows 10 took away a feature that I really loved for (seemingly) no reason at all.

I've been resorting to using my NVIDIA surround to treat my two monitors as one but it's annoying to have to turn it off every time I log in (since I find surround mode annoying for watching videos etc). I'd love to just be able to click a button and enable a multi-monitor lockscreen. Looking forward to a fix for this :)

|

Thanks for liking our feature!  Things shifted around significantly in that world, and that feature had to be rewritten in order to work within the new architecture.  It's mostly seamless to users, but multimonitor support is the one notable feature that did not make it into the new version.

Upvoting feedback on this in the Feedback application is probably the best thing to do here for now.

182 people found this reply helpful

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I would like to display my lock screen on multiple monitors since I have 4 on Windows 10.

57 people found this reply helpful

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

As it doesn't work that way currently, upvoting feedback on this in the Feedback application is probably the best thing to do here for now.

23 people found this reply helpful

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

As stated on the previous response, the feature is not yet available. For us to take note and make it possible in the future, we highly suggest posting your concern to our Feedback Hub. Here are the steps on how you can submit your suggestion:

1. Type "Feedback Hub" on Cortana or Search bar, then launch the app. 

2. Navigate to Feedback in the left menu, then press + Add new feedback. 

3. Select the Problem, and share any details you think are relevant and choose an appropriate category and subcategory.

4. Important: If possible, reproduce the problem(s) after clicking Begin monitoring (or Start capture) near the end of the form; Stop monitoring when you're done. 

5. Once you've completed the form and monitoring, click Submit. 

6. Click Continue using feedback Hub 

7. Click My feedback at the top, then find the item you submitted (it may take a while to appear). 

8. Open the item you submitted, then click Share. 

9. Click Copy link, then paste the link here in your response(It will look like https://aka.ms/<uniquelink>).

Don’t hesitate to inform us if you have other concerns.

25 people found this reply helpful

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated September 20, 2021 Views 56,902 Applies to: