icc color profile resetting in Win 10

Hey there,

I just updated to win 10 from win 8.1 and there's a sliiiiiightly annoying problem, my icc color profile (which i had to reapply) doesn't stick. It resets after i play a game and i have to reapply it again. So far i tried with witcher 3, but there's no reason it would be different with other games that take over the screen.

Any help would be appreciated.

Edit: Dragon Age Origins, Skyrim, Guild Wars 2 do the same thing. The profile appears to be enabled, enabling it again changes nothing so i have to switch to the default profile then back to my icc.

|

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community. I would be happy to to assist you.

from the description of the issue, I understand that the Color Profiles for Windows desktop does not retain settings.

I would suggest you to try to set the settings for Color Profile to default and see if it helps.

However, if the above recommendation fails to recover the issue, remove the driver of the display adapter and try reinstalling it and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Kindly keep us posted on the status of the issue. If it still persists, please do let us know and we would be happy to help you.

Thank You

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Actually i does "retain" settings it just fails to reapply them properly (and i used the "tick the hidden check box" trick, the use windows color calibration one), my custom icc profile is already set as default.

I can reboot, logout etc as much as i want the profile would remain activated, but when i quit a game that uses it's own color profile (like witcher 3) the calibration is reset to system's default, even if my custom icc profile is shown to be the default one. I've already tried reinstalling the gpu driver, no change.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

The issue is still there no matter what i do. I really hope there would be a fix for this soon.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello,

The problem persists, even after the first cumulative windows update.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I can report the same issue for games.

I was wondering why my screen colors were different (hadn't touched the Calibration for years before updating)... now I know.  Hope this gets resolved soon.

~Rej

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Another set of updates and no change, the icc profiles still keep switching around...

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Same problem.

The previous version windows did not handle well the problem of LUT reset when running the DirectX program (most of the case is the program call API in the wrong way), and now windows10 is even worse.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.
We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Please check the updates patches released by the game manufacturers and check if the issue still persist.

Hope this helps!

Get back to us if you have queries regarding Windows, we will be happy to help you.

Thank you,
Microsoft Community.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hope this helps!

You have no idea how it doesn't... Sorry, but this is a WINDOWS problem, not a problem with a particular game (because it's caused by a truckload of them) that can be resolved with a patch.

I'll explain it again. Some games force windows to use the base monitor profile, then apply their own color correction. When the game is closed windows is supposed to return to the icc profile which was set to be the default one, except windows 10 doesn't do that, it remains stuck in the base profile.

You can see the two profiles on the screenshot above, you might notice (sorry it's in french) that the custom icc profile is set to be the default profile (and before you start, yes it's activated properly). Now, when the bug happens my custom profile is still marked as default, but the colors the monitor is using are from the base profile (the xl2411t). What i have to do every damn time is to select the xl211t profile, click the "set as default" button (no color changes at this point) THEN set my custom profile as default again, which is starting to bother me immensely.

This bug is very easy to reproduce.

119 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Apologize for the inconvenience. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10 and the efforts that you have taken to get this bug fixed.

Please make use of the Windows Feedback app to send your thoughts across to us regarding this design/bug. Hope I've answered your queries and get back to us for any queries related to Windows.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 1, 2021 Views 26,171 Applies to: