Has "Change only the text size" been removed in Creators Update?

I installed the Creators Update (Windows 10 build 15063) from the iso available from Microsoft.  Everything seems to work fine afterwards but the Windows 10 fonts were changed back to the default size. I have some vision issues. Before the update, I'd go to Control Panel/Display and there would be an option at the bottom to "Change only the text size" and you could choose the font size for Title Bars, Message Boxes, Menus, Palette Titles, Icons and tooltips. After the update, the "Change only the text size" no longer appears under Display. There is only the Change Scale option where you increase the size by a percentage. That existed before, but changing only the text size was a better option, as the magnifier creates a certain blurriness, at least with my vision impairment, that isn't there when I just increased the text size. Is there still a way to get to this option?

If not, perhaps a moderator could reroute this post to a Windows 10 feedback board, to say I really hope that they'll restore that option.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Question Info

Last updated September 14, 2019 Views 14,672 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Let's just keep reposting this wonderful post. 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for this ABCNK.  I know the registry edits work for now.  The concern my company has is that without official support built into the Windows 10 interface, there's no guarantee Microsoft will not remove the registry workaround in the next Windows 10 release and leave us absolutely no recourse.  As a business, we need to be able to count on a certain standard feature set in Windows going forwards.  Microsoft has made us very uncomfortable with the lack of certainty - if they remove such a basic and essential feature as this, what's next?  This is an important enough issue for us that our IT department has suspended our migration plans for Windows 10 because of it.  We're going to say with Windows 7 for now.  If this essential usability feature is not added back to Windows 10 before support ends for Windows 7 in January of 2020, we will move to another platform.

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi!

This I absolutely agree with. It took me also a long time to make the decision and spend a relatively large amount of money on a Mac. But I just got more and more pushed to this change. I use my system for daily work. And Windows 10 just isn't reliable enough anymore. And with reliable I mean that features come and go without any warning ahead. Or even the choice to keep some option or not. Updates are moments of stress that lead to at least 45 minutes of non-productivity per system. Last year we really experienced too many problems caused by botched updates. Not to even mention the idiotricy of a bi-annual installation of a new version over an old version of Windows. Drivers are always replaced by what Microsoft wants at those moments, not what I want. Which means after every upgrade we ran into fixing all kind of weird issues, often introduced by wrong drivers that should have never been there in the first place. Then there is the whole saga of privacy. Sorry, but we really had enough of it. And yes: there are some machines here that still run 10. So if there is even the slightest chance that the developers by accident listen to what users want that would be great. But honestly I don't have the impression that will ever happen. Something drastically changed in Windows and you can summarize it under 'WE know and thus decide what's good for you. No thanks for us, it got too costly and time consuming. :-/

Greetz!

Sorry this didn't help.

From resent experience the upgrade still doesn't include change the text size only. Who ever had decided to throw out this feature  needs to rethink this throw out 'cause people liked this feature. Also in the upgrade the narrator is awful to comparison of windows 10 home before installing the upgrade. I too had to revert back to my prevous version after trying out the upgrade twice. the narrator drove me crazy from how fast it was no matter how low the speed I made it. I use the change the text size only feature too. The upgrade is also called the Fall upgrade that's  the one I kept trying 'cause my updates need help keeping my comp from risk. Maybe the fall upgrade should be pulled back to the drawing board state it's  not ready for world use yet.

oh, and if the upgrade is forced on anyone just let it go through then revert back to  previous version. Or go on and on saying 'not yet' when the comp wants to restart the  itself to upgrade the windows 10.

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.