Computer wont turn on.

Hi again I am having more problems with my HP pavilion all in one. This time the computer looks like it has no signs of life at all. Yes I did check to see if it was plugged in.

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Desktop, Start, & personalization / PC]

In addition to making sure the power cord is plugged in to the wall outlet, you should also make sure that the other end is fully seated in the back of the computer.  If it is, and there are no lights or any other sign of power, your computer's power supply might have failed.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Is there anyway to check if the power supply has failed. How can I prevent this from happening again.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Is there anyway to check if the power supply has failed. How can I prevent this from happening again.

1.  Make sure that there's power from the wall outlet, if you haven't already.
  2.  Although it's very unlikely that the power cord itself is at fault, you should try a different one if you can.
  3.  If there's power at the outlet and the power cord is OK, and there are no lights or any other sign of power in the computer, it's likely that the power supply is dead.

I don't know how old the computer is, but PSUs will fail sooner or later, usually later.  I've never been inside of an AIO computer, but I suspect that replacing the PSU isn't as straightforward as it is with a regular desktop PC.   Also, if the PSU did fail suddenly, it's possible that it took the motherboard along for the ride.  This sort of thing can result from a lightening strike or other power surge, and if that's the case, the general preventive action is to use a good surge protector.  If the PSU failed due to old age, there really isn't much in the way of prevention that can be done.  Unless you're comfortable with poking around inside the case and can test the PSU output with a volt meter,  I would recommend professional assistance.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks so much for the help. I have figured oit the problem. :)

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Which model? (important info) as most have an external power supply which have been known to go bad, as Windows 10 has nothing to do with the power on of your system until it gets into the bios start up mode. so give us some details and we might be able to give you some better answers, here is a link to some thing about power issues with All In One just copy/paste to your browser or click on it to open.  https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Pavillion-All-in-One-On-Off-Power-Switch/td-p/5640591  
I'm a unpaid independent Advisor/volunteer

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Try running the HP Hardware Diagnostics Test

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/pc-diags.html

Wayne

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Ok what was it?
I'm a unpaid independent Advisor/volunteer

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated November 10, 2020 Views 63 Applies to: