Duplicate entries in Windows 10 calendar events system tray (systray)

Hi there.  For at least a year I have noticed that when using the Microsoft Calendar app with my company's O365 Outlook account I eventually start to see duplicate entries in the lower right system tray (systray) area like this...  Notice 4 duplicate events here.

If I remove all accounts and start over, the problem is resolved BUT only for a few days or so.  Duplicate entries start to show up again.  I have looked all over the net to find a solution for this but the best I could come up with is someone else who is experiencing the same thing, no solution.  I find this systray display of my daily events to be very useful but it's annoying that I have to reconfigure the Calendar app often to avoid seeing all the duplicates.

To avoid confusion I want to be clear that I'm using the native Calendar app in Windows 10 to populate my daily events.  This is Calendar app icon from the Start menu...

Also the account type I have an issue with is "Exchange, Office 365" as follows:

I would really appreciate any help with this.  Thank you!

Hi Jinkies,

To prevent duplicate calendar items when you import calendar items into Outlook, select the Do not import duplicates or Replace duplicates with items imported option in the Import and Export Wizard.

Please follow this article on how you can delete duplicate calendar entries:
https://support.office.com/en-gb/article/delete...

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thanks and regards,

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

To prevent duplicate calendar items when you import calendar items into Outlook

Hi there.  Sorry but this is not applicable at all to my situation.  I'm not importing items into Outlook.  If you look carefully once again I am simply trying to use the native Calendar app that comes with Windows 10 to connect and sync with my O365 company account, and then I'm using the system tray area to view what events/meetings I have lined up for the day.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi and thanks for reaching out! I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you. Please allow me to assist with your issue.

It looks like the issue happens to calendar entries that are in a series. I would suggest logging an issue using Feedback Hub for this. I'm going to do the same as well.

https://support.microsoft.com/help/4021566

Please let me know if I can help you further!

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
Give back to the Community. Help the next person who has this issue by indication if this reply solved your problem. Click Yes or No below.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes I have the same issue. As comnuts says, it appears to be only with events that have recurrence configured for them.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the same issue.

The events in question are recurring events (e.g. daily standup) that are in my Outlook calendar that get automatically synched to the Windows 10 Calendar app.

The Windows 10 system tray date widget then automatically shows them.

They show correctly in Outlook and the Calendar app, but they are duplicated in the tray widget (i.e. it shows ~5 daily standups scheduled for today at the same time). 

As I have several daily recurring meetings this means I have to scroll for quite a bit to get to any unique calendar items.

@Jinkies337, did you open and get any result on the feedback hub suggested by @comnuts?

Thanks.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated January 11, 2024 Views 537 Applies to: