Open OneDrive from Taskbar

Hello.

I am currently using the OneDrive Premium. One day the windows size has changed when open the up to date list from the taskbar icon.

How can I get back to the original size?

[Moved from: Windows 10 / Desktop, Start, & personalization / Task Bar]

Hi Mannie,

I would like to know more about the issue you're experiencing with using OneDrive in Windows 10. Kindly answer the following questions:

• When did the issue start?
  • Are you getting any error messages?
  • Is the window size issue isolated to OneDrive?
  • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
  • Is your Windows 10 PC up to date?
  • What is the current OS Build of your Windows 10 device? You can find this information by clicking the Start button, type About your PC, press Enter, and then scroll down to Windows specifications.

To help you resolve the issue, I recommend performing these troubleshooting steps:

Install the latest updates for Windows 10

Installing the latest build for the latest version of Windows 10 ensures that your system is up to date and free from known issues or bugs. Simply run Windows Update to install the latest updates for your system. You can also check the Windows 10 update history for more information about the latest builds.

Adjust your display settings

If you're using a high-DPI display, you may experience windows that are too large or too small compared to the rest of the desktop. You can configure OneDrive to disable the automatic display scaling to avoid the unwanted window size. You will need administrative permission to perform this change.

1. Click the Start button and type OneDrive.
  2. Right-click OneDrive and select Open file location.
  3. Right-click the OneDrive shortcut in the Programs folder and select Properties.
  4. Go to the Compatibility tab.
  5. Under Settings, select the check box for Disable display scaling on high DPI settings or Override high DPI scaling behavior, scaling performed by: Application (for Windows 10 version 1703 and later).
  6. Click Apply and then OK.
  7. Restart your PC.

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Devlin,

Thank you for your reply. To answer your questions:

• I strongly believe that it started when I have connected the Wireless Display Adapter to my monitor (it has a 1920x1080 resolution).
  • No error messages
  • Just isolated to OneDrive. Every other apps has no window size issues.
  • I have tried to uninstall/install OneDrive. However, when I did a full factory reset last week, it does reset the OneDrive window size.
  • Windows is up to date
  • Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.167)

In addition, I have also tried to "Override high DPI scaling behavior". Unfortunately, it does not solve the window issue. Any other suggestions?

Please see my short screen cast. This is only a temporarily fix. After a restart, the window size will scale back :(

Thank you for your support.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you for providing a video of the issue. Are you referring to the Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter?

For isolation purposes, I suggest disconnecting the Wireless Display Adapter and see if the same issue occurs. It is possible that OneDrive is having issues when your PC is connected to a secondary display that has a different resolution.

Let me know the results and the model of your wireless display adapter.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Devlin,

Yes. It is the Microsoft WDA.

AND no, it is still the same with or without connecting to my second monitor?

Any other idea how I can fix the window size issue?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you for the quick response. For further troubleshooting of the issue, I suggest running the Sysinternals Process Explorer. This diagnostic tool will help your device to adjust the scale factor whenever the display DPI value changes. You can find the tool on this page. Follow the steps under the section: Check whether applications are DPI-aware. Make sure that you're signed in as the administrator in order to perform the steps.

Let me know the results.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated October 29, 2018 Views 163 Applies to: