Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0 Not launching since last update on Windows 10 Home

Hi,

Yes I know its a very old program, but I like it and have been using it for years, and Personal preference I do not like having to pay Adobe every month to use there software! enough said!   I bought this app many years ago and it has always worked fine even up through Windows 10 Home. But this year after the update to 1803 from, 17XX It stopped working, I had this problem with Photoshop last year same resin and after getting the update to 17xx it started working again?  But so fare no luck with Premiere Pro 2.0?  

I have tried compatibility settings all of them and no real change, what it is doing is: 

When you launch the program it come up with a small box and has the program info, it shows all the different modules as they are being loaded and them it stops at:   { Loading: Write_on.AXE } and I think that is one of the video driver modules? and it just sets there! It is still doing something as I can see CPU usage and it acts like its trying to load this module? If I click in the box, it grays out and I get the massage "The Program is not responding!"

You can ether weight and see if it starts working or end program?  I have waited over an hour and nothing happens so I end program and everything else is fine! If I launch it again I get the same thing it just can not get past the (Write_on.AXE) file?

I have tried some of the troubleshooter answers like set it to run under Windows XP, Or, the display resolution, and none of them help?  I have also change the Video card from a EVGA GTX 960ti to a EVGA GTX 1050ti So , that may have changed something in the video drivers but everything else works including Photoshop? 

I was thinking of uninstalling the Premiere Pro 2.0 and try reinstalling it? But I thought I would ask in hear first incase an Adobe Guru has seen this before and has a fix for it? Hopeful thinking...   (o; 

Anyone have an idea I would be happy to try it, thanks for reading,,  Rick289..

Hi there Rick, thanks for your question.

It sounds like your tried a lot of the troubleshooting steps I'd normally suggest in cases like this. The next step would definitely be a reinstall of Premiere Pro.

Try a clean boot first, then uninstall and install Premiere. Here are the steps to perform a clean boot:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135...

If it still doesn't work after a clean boot, please let me know! It's an unfortunate reality that old programs eventually just cease to be supported as operating systems move on, but there can be ways to get around it, depending on how determined you are to use the old software. You could even try setting up a virtual machine running Windows 7:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/download/detail...

In any case, try the above steps and let me know if I can help further. Thanks!

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated November 15, 2022 Views 1,214 Applies to: