Tablet mode option missing from Action Center

I have two desktop computers running Windows 10, both of which I have used in tablet mode for years. One of the computers no longer shows the Tablet option button in the Action Center. I would say that this happened around the time of the October, 2020, cumulative update. How can I retrieve the option to switch between desktop and tablet modes?
|
Answer
Answer

Hello r.g.r.,

I'm afraid the Tablet Mode action button will not be available in the Action Center for desktop PCs anymore. 

If your desktop only as one display, you will still be able to turn on tablet mode using an available option in the tutorial below.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3755-turn-off-tablet-mode-windows-10-a.html

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer
Hi r.g.r.

I am Dave, an Independent Advisor, I will help you with this . . .

In version 20h2 of Windows 10, whether it is an oversight or deliberate, Microsoft removed the Tablet Mode button from the Action Canter

Open the Settings App (gear icon on your Start Menu)

Go to System - Tablet, then click 'Change Additional Tablet Settings' and you will find the toggle to turn on/off Tablet Mode

Also, open the Feedback Hub (Windows Key + F), can you please post this observation there, so the developers also see it, the more people that do, the more likely they will restore that Tablet Mode button to the Action Center . .

Power to the Developer!

MSI GV72 - 17.3", i7-8750H (Hex Core), 32GB DDR4, 4GB GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 256GB NVMe M2, 2TB HDD

25 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated June 11, 2021 Views 2,729 Applies to: