Windows 10 sign in issues

Wether it is in the account settings, trying from the app store, or through Cortana, whenever I go to sign in, nothing happens.

I get to the screen that says "choose an account", I click on the button that says "Microsoft Account."  When I click it, the window disappears, another Windows appears and disappears in a fraction of a second, and then it is just an hourglass for about thirty seconds.

Please help.

I followed instructions to verify my account is active by signing in to outlook from my phone.

I also used the method of clicking the WINDOWS button + R and typing wsreset.exe and restarting after it runs...no results.

I tried the inetcpl.cpl proxy check, no results.

Please help

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty with the problem.

Method 1:

I suggest you to start your computer in safe mode & check if the issue Persists.

Safe Mode:

Windows Startup Settings (including safe mode):
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/windows-startup-settings-safe-mode

Method: 2

I would suggest you to run a Microsoft account troubleshooter.

http://download.microsoft.com/download/F/2/4/F24D0C03-4181-4E5B-A23B-5C3A6B5974E3/microsoftaccounts.diagcab

Also refer to the below link.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/passwords-in-windows-8-faq

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Tried both methods.  Still no luck.

When in safe mode, i go to settings->your account and the option to sign in with microsoft account does not even show up.  then if i click on "sign in options", the whole window just freezes.  then i lost the windows start menu ability as well, i click the icon or use the windows key on the keyboard and the start menu appears for a split second then disappears.

The second method went through a whole process of diagnosis, said that everything seems fine, and still unable to sign in.

I noticed that the links are all labeled as windows 8...are they universal to windows 10 as well.  this is very frustrating, i imagine the next option is to roll back to windows 7.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

nothing has worked, still unresolved

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Alex,

Sorry for the delay in response. Is the issue still persist?

Symptoms indicates that there might be a minor corruption with your User Profile. Firstly, go and check for any available Windows Updates. Go to Start Button/>Settings/>Update & Security/> Windows Update, check for any pending updates there and install if available. Most probably it will fix all issues.

If it doesn't, try with below mentioned troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Use DISM tool and System File Checker for repairing any missing or corrupted system files:

1. Click Start.

2. Type cmd, and then press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER to open elevated command prompt (I.e. Command prompt with admin rights).

3. If the User Account Control dialog box appears, confirm that the action it displays is what you want, and then click Continue.

4. Type or copy paste the below command lines into it:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

sfc /scannow

To close the Administrator: Command prompt window, type Exit, and then press Enter. Reboot your system to see if problem still occurs.

In case problem still persist, then try to reset PC. Resetting lets you choose whether to keep your files or remove them, and then reinstalls Windows. To get started, go to Start > Settings > Update & security > Reset this PC >Get started and choose an option. While performing reset ensure to select Keep my files. It will do the following,

• Reinstalls Windows 10 and keeps your personal files.

• Removes apps and drivers you installed.

• Removes changes you made to settings.

• Removes any apps your PC manufacturer installed. (If your PC came with Windows 10, apps from your PC manufacturer will be reinstalled.)

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated October 31, 2020 Views 1,073 Applies to: