Windows 10 has blocked Calendar Creator Software

This software has been working fine for years, but now it is blocked. I tried changing the settings in Security to "warn" instead of "block," but it's still blocked. It's old software, but it has always worked and I have valuable data on it that is only accessible by this software. I'd like to at least get the settings and data off of it (such as doctor appointments months ahead) before I go to something else. I've looked at all kinds of help from this site and others to unblock it, but have not been successful. I'm running on Windows 10.
|

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

hi

My name is Smith and I am an Independent Advisor. I would be happy to help you today.

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling?

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

This software is pretty old and I don't have the original installation software. Besides, I would lose everything I built up in it by uninstalling.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Check at Settings > System > About that you are on Version 1909 and if not Install the Media Creation Tool from this link http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/m... choosing Download Tool Now, install the tool, open it and choose Upgrade this PC Now. This will save your files and apps while bringing you up to the latest version by the most stable method. It will also bring all of your Updates current and solve most problems

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Version 1909 was installed on 2/22/2020. It was after this version was installed that it blocked some software. I saw on some websites where there's an option to unblock it in Properties, but I don't seem to have that option.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

try use System Restore to get before the problem began, then check for Updates with the Hide Update tool and hide them: https://home.bt.com/tech-gadgets/computing/wind...

This is a non-Microsoft website which would provide accurate and safe information. Watch out for ads on the site which are frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). There is no need to buy paid products to fix your computers as they do more harm than good sometimes.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I did uninstall, but now I cannot re-install. Still getting blocked by Administrator, when it is only administrator.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Same here. I had Version 1903 (which had never given me any trouble before now), ran all the updates and I still can't reinstall Calendar Creator.

System tells me it can't go back to a previous version because the system was updated more than 10 days ago. Since I only print a calendar once a month, whatever the problem is happened before March 1.

This is very annoying. I've now lost all my custom calendar settings (fortunately I have them backed up on a spreadsheet, but I'll have to manually reenter them). I've been using this software for many years with very few problems and resent that I can't choose to run the software I paid for on my own computer without having to argue with the operating system.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Honestly, how long do you expect old software to continuing working without developer support on an operating system for which it was not designed?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes, it worked perfectly before MS blocked it. If I re-install, I lose everything that I've built up over the years. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

The problem is that it never stopped working. The problem is that Microsoft blocked access to it.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 6, 2021 Views 977 Applies to: