Windows 10 1803, Cisco Anyconnect VPN, Security at a Glance constantly opens

Hi,

On several of our Windows 10 1803 Laptops, and when connecting to our VPN using Cisco Anyconnect, Windows Defender Security Centre's - Security at a Glance constantly opens and becomes the active window.

Every 5 or minutes it takes the foreground and makes it impossible to work while connected, regardless if you close it or shrink it.

All the items have green ticks, do not display any issues when popping up.

I can't see anyone else having this issue on the almighty google, so am hoping someone here might be able to help?

Let me know if you need any more information.

Kind Regards,

Tim Jeens

Answer
Answer

Hi Thanks for the message.

I think have managed to find the reason why this was occurring, or at least got it to stop.

Cisco Anyconnect runs a check on a known AV software, sees which is installed, and if valid checks that it is updated, and if ok then allows the connection.

Windows Defender was in this list.

After removing all Microsoft products from their 3 checking options:

AntiVirus, Personal Firewall and AntiSpyware.

The pop up of Windows Defender then went away.

This Scan was working fine for a couple of months, so I assume Microsoft changed something in Windows Defender, which causes interference with the Scan.

We don't actually use Windows Defender for any of these products, utilising ESET Smart Security for AV, FW and AS.

So is there an updated needed for Defender, or can I permanently disable it?

FYI: disabling the notifications still caused the Defender Security Centre to open.

Windows Version: 1803 build 17134.228

Thanks,

Tim

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 12, 2020 Views 1,080 Applies to: