what is virtualapp/didlogical , sso pop user, sso pop device doin in my credentials page? and why do they repopulate inspite removing from the vault?

what is virtualapp/didlogical , sso pop user, sso pop device doin in my credentials page? and why do they repopulate inspite removing from the vault?no matter how many times i try deleting it it returns like a virus. is that a safe file made by MS for security or is it a network hacker's deed?

Question Info

Last updated December 6, 2019 Views 75,076 Applies to:

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.   

It's apparently a generic authentication process tied to the use of 'Windows Live Essentials' utilities. You can remove it but it will re-appear if you use Windows Live products.
If you do not store Web or Windows credentials on your machine you could disable 'Credential Manager' in 'Services'.

If you go to Start and type services.msc, then Enter, then navigate to 'Credential Manager', right click on that entry, choose properties, then click 'Stop', then click on 'Startup type' drop down menu and choose 'Disabled', click Apply and OK.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

185 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I am seeing this same thing in our environment.  We do NOT have Live Essentials installed.  We have our Exchange server hosted by Microsoft (Office 365), but all of the Office products are install locally (Office 2013 / 2016). 

We are trying to troubleshoot issues with users being randomly prompted for username / password in Lync & outlook, when we noticed these additional entries in the cred manager.

3 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Thank you for the update.

Since the computer has Exchange server, it would be better if you contact the dedicated TechNet team to get better assistance on this issue.

Please click the link given below which helps you to redirect to TechNet forum, where you can post your query.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=win10itprogeneral&filter=alltypes&sort=lastpostdesc

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.   

It's apparently a generic authentication process tied to the use of 'Windows Live Essentials' utilities. You can remove it but it will re-appear if you use Windows Live products.
If you do not store Web or Windows credentials on your machine you could disable 'Credential Manager' in 'Services'.

If you go to Start and type services.msc, then Enter, then navigate to 'Credential Manager', right click on that entry, choose properties, then click 'Stop', then click on 'Startup type' drop down menu and choose 'Disabled', click Apply and OK.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

not helpfull if disable it (CM), they still adding automaticaly to registry and maybe still useable....

give proper answer what app/services use it, how to disable them completelly;

can it be virus/melware? can some one use it to access and brake my PC?

15 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

in my case is was (on win 10)

Microsoft Account Sign-in Assistant

wlidsvc

looks like not a virus, but to prevent such info store in mem and hdd disabled it;

(it's not hard to type pass in browser etc for me;)

50 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.