unp campaignmanager?

This appeared a week ago or so. It is not in program listings. What is it?

John

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I am a bit lost, is the UNP folder owned by Microsoft or it is a virus that must be deleted? And if so, what is the recommendation from Microsoft. Remove or not to remove? if to Remove, how?

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I am lost, i found this UNP folder on my pc running windows 10. Is it a virus and should I delete it? If yes what is the recommended procedure. The suggestion below from JO Jefferson Ore doesn't work for me.

"the article here article for further assistance with your UNP Campaign Manager issue" 

If this is a virus on Windows 10, which is not on a Domain, how can I remove the UNP folder? Please help....

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

It is definitely Microsoft, and it is spyware. I have tried to remove it with no luck, it always re-appears. Microsoft knows of this and is unwilling to help remove it, in fact it took quite a bit to even get them to admit that they developed it and placed it on my computer, but finally they did. Corrupt Microsoft.

Any spyware or virus removal program will not work, it is a waste of time and money. It also seems to be deeply embedded so attempting to edit your registry does not work either. As long as we are using Windows, we are being spied on.

Time for a change!

11 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I took ownership of both UNP folders(System32 and ProgramsFiles) and then shred them. Might want to check the registry also. So far they have not come back but I keep getting pesky SOS_POP under generic widows credentials. Whenever it appears changes are made to my firewall to allows apps through like phone companion and others.

I'm going to have my day with these hackers.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

UNP is also in one or more of the Program folders as well as the registry and the Task Scheduler.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

You do realize that some computers are considered by the system to be on a domain or work group for no reason sometimes, if you did not properly do the settings for the WiFi like on ur laptop.  On my laptop I made my home network a private work group so I could share with my desktop.  Unfortunately now I'm getting unneeded stuff now on updates.  :(  Did not realize that's not how it worked.  

But, then this gives an interesting question on hand.  If this UNP program is used by system or workgroup administrator to spy on their workers, then who is the system administrator on my home network ?  I have the same setting setup on my desktop computer.  

Honestly I do not think this is a virus, since it was made by Microsoft, and Jeffersson Ore doesn't make any sense when he say this can lead to identity theft.  If this program leads to identity theft, you do realize how many people would be suing Microsoft?  There is no Terms of use or privacy statement that gives Microsoft the right to use our credit card or financial information in wrong ways.  I really think Jefferson Ore was just trying to scare us all, as I looked it up and saw that this UNP program came in the same update that Windows 10 version 1703 came in.  

So if u are stupid like me to make your home wifi network look like a work group on your computer, and your computer has this program, I think it safe to say your computer thought it was an office computer and installed this.  Why did Microsoft have to remove Office versions of Operating systems after Windows 2000?  Does Microsoft even realize that there are people who use work group networking environments for non-office related stuff even?  They already made NAS for and even servers for just general home use only recently.  Boy are there going to be a lot of people who are going to complain about this in the near future.  

10 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

How do I get rid of it? It recently popped up in program files, I deleted it, and it came back. I need an easy way to fix it, and it's driving me insane. Computer crashes and overheats, I have to clean it up far too often. Help. Please. For the love of God. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

You can use Unlocker. Target both UNP locations and tell it to delete if it has any problems. If no problems were detected, delete them yourself. Easy. https://www.iobit.com/en/iobit-unlocker.php

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 8, 2024 Views 67,577 Applies to: