Unable to login to Windows due to Password related issues

I've tried every relative option posted pertaining to my problem. I cannot login to windows 10. the admin user password does mot work .I can login to the MS account via website and change the password numerous times. PC constantly asks,( do you want to allow this app to make changes to your pc ? ) username and email are correct. any new ideas plz..thanx

Original title: ADMIN password.

Do you have 2 step authentication enabled?

I suspect what is happening is you are still using the overall account password and not the app generated password.  You will still get mail until you log the device out (which is a good idea anyway) and then you will need to generate a password (on the pc in outlook.com) and "trust" the mobile device. After which it should not do that.

You should log on and go here https://account.live.com/securityprivacy/overview to do that.

You can also install the outlook app so anytime you need a "passcode" you can approve it directly on the mobile device.

Cat herder
Windows Insider MVP
MVP-Windows and Devices for IT
http://www.zigzag3143.com/

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello Knickles,

We regret for the inconvenience. Let me assist you to resolve the issue.

Before we proceed any further, let us know a few more details on the below questions.

• Are you unable to login to Windows desktop when you say ' I cannot login to windows 10'?
  • Did you check if the PC is connected to internet while trying to log in?
Microsoft account has a security feature called Trusted PC for verifying your identity automatically and performing sensitive actions.

You can mark a device as trusted just by selecting a check box. When you're prompted to enter a security code to verify your identity, select the I sign in frequently on this device. Don't ask me for a code. check box, and we'll no longer ask you for a code when you sign in on that device.

Here's how to mark a device as trusted:
  1. On the device you want to trust, go to the Security settings page and sign in to your Microsoft account.

2. You'll be prompted to enter a security code. Choose whether to receive the code through email, text, or an authenticator app. Once you have the code, enter it in the text box.

3. Select the I sign in frequently on this device. Don't ask me for a code. check box, and then tap or click Submit.

Visit: Trusted devices: FAQ

Refer to the “I've lost access to one of my trusted devices. What should I do?” from the following link, Remove and re-add all trusted devices. This should help you in adding the device as trusted again, which resolves most of the sync issues in Microsoft Accounts.

Further on, visit to the below Microsoft Article written by one of our esteemed MVPs, Andre Da Costa and check if it helps.

Troubleshooting log in issues in Windows 10 – Incorrect Password Errors

Write to us with the updated status and the required information related to log in issues in Windows 10, for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank You.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Unfortunately my issue remains unresolved. 

I have 2 step verification and the outlook app as well. I spent 3 hours via remote assistance with Microsoft support techs. I also drove an hour to the Microsoft retail store.  The end result seems to be a hard drive partition and reinstall. I will lose everything, all files since I am unable to login as the ADMINISTRATOR. I am postponing 

all actions as long as I can . I should have created a password reset disc. 

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated September 17, 2020 Views 129 Applies to: