Third-party firewall installed but Windows action center shows actions needed icon

I have installed a third-party firewall and disabled the windows 10 built-in firewall. but the action center permanently shows the "actions needed" icon on system tray and it says: "firewalls are turned off. your device may be vulnerable" . The main problem is that the icon is always as some action is needed and it won't reveal if windows action center needs a real action to be taken or it needs your serious attention. Is there any manner to show the windows that a firewall is installed and my device is not vulnerable? How can it be fixed? I mean except of turning the windows built-in firewall on :) Thank you all

* Moved from Virus & Malware

Hi,

Windows Defender will only pop up to inform you when it finds malware. It won’t even ask you what you want to do with the malicious software it finds. It will just clean things up and quarantines the files automatically.

You’ll occasionally see a notification popup to let you know when a scan has been performed, and you can usually see the details of the last scan by opening the Action Center in Windows 10.

You can view Windows Defender’s scan history anytime you want, and if you’re notified that it has blocked malware, you can view that information too.

To get to Windows Defender Security Center, just hit Start, type “defender,” and then select “Windows Defender Security Center.”

To know more about Windows Defender, we suggest checking out these links:

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you dear Joanna but the problem I've had is :

Which causes:

And you will never know if this icon means: 

so in this case you need to do some real action to protect the device form malwares or other threats.

Note that I have a third-party firewall installed on my device instead of windows built-in firewall (NOT Windows Defender) and all I need is that the windows detects my own firewall and turns the firewall warning off.

I hope this explains the problem clearly.

Thank you again

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello,

Thank you for the prompt response. The Windows Defender is built in antivirus installed to your computer to automatically detect possible issues/malwares on your computer. The icon that you are seeing means that your Windows Defender Firewall is turned off. Yes, you computer may free to any viruses. However, the function of Windows Defender Firewall is to protect your computer with malicious software getting accessing

through the Internet or a network.  Since you are using a third-party firewall, to avoid conflict it's automatically turned off. If you want to disable it again, we recommend following the steps on this link.

If you have other concerns, let us know.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello.

How to set a different third-party firewall in the Windows Defender Security Center?

Example: Panda, Avast, Norton, Comodo, etc.

The WDSC do not recognize a third-party and shows "your device might be vulnerable".

Or maybe we got several third-party and WDSC set the default to some i dont want it to.

Example: Panda for antivirus, but Avast as firewall.

So, how to configure and set manually the softwares i want to run, into the WDSCenter?

Thanks a lot :)

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Dr. Lem,

If you are more comfortable using a third-party antivirus software, the built-in Windows Defender security app will be disabled automatically after installing the software. This is because running two antivirus program at the same is not possible in Windows 10. If you have already installed your preferred antivirus program, you may select it as your means of protection from any threats on your PC or switch back to Windows Defender if you would like to.

If you have other questions or concerns, feel free to reach out to the community.

Kind regards.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated March 26, 2024 Views 4,555 Applies to: