Supremo scam

Some guy called me and said I was having problems with y computer and before I knew what happen he had accessed my computer.  I have changed all my passwords from another computer and have tired to delete SUPREMO from my computer to no avail.  should I be concerned??? It does not show up in y control panel as a software program.

Question Info

Last updated October 21, 2019 Views 13,452 Applies to:

Supremo does not install itself, it just runs from an exe file. Find supremo.exe, it's likely in your downloads folder, and just delete it. See this article from Supremo.

https://www.supremocontrol.com/how-to-uninstall-supremo/

Supremo gives remote access but who knows what the scammer may have installed? Run a full virus scan. To be totally safe use 'Reset this PC' in Settings >Update & Security >Recovery or do a clean install. Unfortunately this wipes out all your installed programs. (Back up your data!).

36 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I have had the same phone call many times. Each time I've either just hung up or asked questions about how he knew I had problems. His answer was "from information my PC sent to MS" Last time after he went through his line of BS I told him it was amazing the MS knew about a problem on my PC since the only system in my house was an Apple Mac.  Suddenly the phone went dead.

I am wondering how your caller got access to your system without you doing something to allow him in. 

I understand I haven't said anything that will help anyone with your problem but I hope all who read it will give these guys the same type of response I have used. Maybe if we spread the word and they end up with nothing but denials and accusations they will stop. Unfortunately, I doubt it.

29 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes, it was a scam, and sorry to say, you made a bad mistake by letting him into your computer.

Since you let him into your computer, who knows what he did there or what confidential information he stole.

So since you did, I highly recommend that you do both of the following immediately:

1. Do a clean reinstallation of Windows.

2. *After* reinstalling Windows, change all of your passwords, especially any for banks or other financial sites.

Since he *might* have installed a key logger, simply changing your passwords without first reinstalling Windows may not be good enough.

69 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.