Setup PIN password on Windows 10

Old title: sign in

Win10 sign in. Every time I go to sign in prompted for a password. Would like to change to a PIN or no password at all. Tried to enter a PIN but any number I enter "does not match". So how can I make sign in as easy as possible? No one else uses this tablet. Thanks, Bob      *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Answer
Answer

Hello Bob,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I understand your requirement in this regard.

Currently we don't have an option to access the Microsoft account without a password. However you can access it either through Microsoft account password or PIN password or Picture password. Suggest you to try again setting up the PIN password by following the below steps.

* Press Windows key, type Settings into the search space and select the same from the list.

* Click on Accounts and select Sign-in options

* Go to PIN section, click Add. Confirm your Microsoft account password when it prompt.

* Then setup desired PIN password as required. But ensure to click Eye symbol (I.e. Reveal Password) to ensure that the entered PIN is correct and matches.

Alternatively you can also setup Picture password. On the same Sign-in options window, you can find an option to set Picture password. With a picture password, you can sign in to your PC with your favorite photo instead of a hard-to-remember password. You choose the picture, which gestures—circles, straight lines, or taps—you use, and where on the picture you trace them. You can draw a picture password directly on a touchscreen with your finger, or you can use a mouse to draw your shapes. Everyone who has a Microsoft account on your PC can set up their own picture password.

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

34 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated December 5, 2023 Views 12,932 Applies to: