Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 (Version 1.321.1797.0)

Hi,

I keep getting this update every day for the last 10 days or so.......when I check the installed update list, it shows it as being installed on each and every day that I get it from the updates on Windows Update, and, I'm not sure if it may be preventing other needed updates from being processed.

I cannot uninstall it to see if that helps to resolve the matter -- other than that, I don't know what to do, and I'm not very computer-savvvy....

I am currently using Windows 10 Home, version 2004, OS Build 19041.50, Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212..31.0, 64- bit operating system, x64-bit based processor.

Any help would be most greatly appreciated!

Hello PDW-48,

I'm Jin, a fellow Windows 10 user and an independent advisor.

Confirm in Windows Update history if this particular update: KB2267602, has been successfully installed on your device.

Press Windows key + I to open Settings > Update & security > Windows Update > View update history.

In Update History, check the if the update has been successful or it shows a failed status.

If the status shows that it's already been successfully installed, I recommend you use the show and hide troubleshooter to hide this particular update to keep out from trying to install again and again. To download the troubleshooter, click this link:
http://download.microsoft.com/download/F/2/2/F2...
For more details regarding, hide Windows Updates or driver updates refer to this link:
https://support.microsoft.com/help/4026726

If the update indicated, that Failed to install, it's normal that it will keep trying to install this update. If that's the case, you can start off by running the Windows Update troubleshooter:
https://support.microsoft.com/help/4027322

You can also try clearing the Windows Update cache before attempting to update your Windows.
1. Open Command Prompt as Administrator.
2. Enter Commands:

net stop wuauserv
net stop bits

3. Press Windows key + R then type the path name:

C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution

4. Select all of it's contents then right-click and select Delete.
5. Open Command Prompt as Administrator again.
6. Type the commands:

net start wuauserv
net start bits

7. Try updating again.

If that doesn't solve the issue, manually download the update from Microsoft Update Catalog:
https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/
Select the exact update to download and install.

I hope this helps.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Jin -- did as per your reply... results were:

1. every day is same -- same installed security update as I previously stated, in Update History

2. to show or  hide updates have the same results -- no failure,

3.net stop wuauserv results were system error 5 access denied

4.net stop bits reuslts were not started , more help is available by typing NET HELPMSG 3521 -- results were The *** service is not started,

5.I do not feel comfortable doing  clearing the Windows Update cache , as I'm not computer savvy as I do not know what the results will be by deleting all information in do that  process....

6. There is no update for this particuliar form the  Microsoft Update Catalog.....

Thus, thank you very much for your help and time, I do not know how to get these results to an actual agent of Microsoft Support as I have been able to do so in the past

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Your welcome... maybe other community members can provide other advice that maybe able to help with this.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated January 30, 2021 Views 167 Applies to: