Parental controls Windows 10

I cannot get the parental controls in Windows 10 to work at all.  I have tried to make changes to the time and the computer still lets him stay on all night and day no matter what I put the settings at.

Very disappointed and ready to revert back to Windows 7.  New parental controls are a complete fail.

Does anybody know how to fix this?

Hi,

Thank you for posting query on Microsoft communities.

From your description I understand that you are having issue with parental controls.

Let’s start with a question.

• What is the status of family safety is it switched on or off?

I want you to follow the links and instructions mentioned in the link to set up parental controls.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/set-up-family-safety#set-up-family-safety=windows-8

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/family-safety-settings-windows-store.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/set-up-kids-accounts#1TC=t1.

(Above links applies to Windows 10 also)

Hope the above information helps.

Do get back to us in case you need further assistance.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I did everything described, created a child Microsoft account, and set and activated the screen time limits.  It makes no difference what the settings, computer stays available all day and night as if no limits at all.

It would appear that the computer is not recognizing the account settings.

Hope we can figure out.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Arul told you what to do for Windows 8 which we knew it worked fine, until Windows 10 came and messed up everything. I am having the same problem as you, the computer will allow her to stay on all night or use it for far more hours than set up. I have not been able to find a solution yet. I am so ready to uninstall Windows 10!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Maria,

We're sorry to hear the inconvenience you have experienced.

To recheck and confirm this issue, I suggest you to add another Child account from your Parental account and see if the problem still happens.

Also do check this issue by modifying the screen timings by keeping Screen time enabled.

Keep us posted the outcome.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I am also rather frustrated & having similar issues.  It is way to easy to turn off the restriction for safe search on images. Even with the parental controls on, it also still allows for inappropriate search terms.  It will not block them.  

I also do not like that I have to allow our bank card to be charged (even if it is only $0.50) just to verify that I am a parent.  Especially if it doesn't change any of the filter settings I went through to set up & prepare, and it not working when I test out the search limitations.  I want to allow YouTube, but the same deal.  Cannot get the program to filter with our parental settings for Microsoft Edge.

Not pleased at all.  How are we as parents supposed to be able to help for safe browsing.  One misspelled word could bring up something he isn't searching for & lead him to clicking on something he thinks is safe, when it isn't appropriate for his age in the end.

Has anyone found these settings to work at all??????

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Now I know why my computer-savvy kid was bugging me to update to Windows 10.  It completely kills the parental controls.

Happened to us too.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I am the administrator on my computer.  I set Parental Controls for my granddaughter some time ago and now all of a sudden, I, too, am blocked off any "unsuitable" sites, everywhere.  I cannot unblock YouTube.  How in the world did this happen?  No one seems to know or know how to fix it.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 31, 2020 Views 2,236 Applies to: