HOW TO UNLINK OR DISCONNECT WINDOWS 10 FROM MICROSOFT/HOTMAIL ACCOUNT

Dear Sir,
My Windows 10 Administrator username/password is attached to my Hotmail.com account. This happened while i was configuring windows 10 new feature phone companion.
I think the installation asked me for it but i didn't know that it will be attached to my admin account, however I don't like this arrangement. I need to use a separate account which is not attached to anything external. 

How do I remove this account from Windows? This account is an admin account. I tried lots of option like Go to - Settings - Accounts - Your account - (Where it should give me the option to disconnect) but doesn't appears. I had already removed my PC from Microsoft account online (On there website).

Regards,

Question Info

Last updated November 21, 2018 Views 156,503 Applies to:
Answer

> Go to your start button

> go up to the top and click on your profile name/account

> then click "change account settings"

> in the "your account" tab, just above your account picture there will be an option to select a button saying "log on using local account" or "change log on to local account" (something along these lines)

> click this, and it will give you an opportunity to (from now on) log onto your computer using a new password that IS NOT linked to your Hotmail or Microsoft account.

hope this helps!

291 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.